Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
moonie_57

Penang Peach and a few others

moonie_57 (8 NC)
9 years ago

Only a few buds left on this inflo, but not to fear! PP has a branch pushing another inflo. Coloring is rather weird on this last bloom. I hadn't taken any pics before because, well, it's just PP and we all know what she it like.

Looks like she has a boo boo on her little thumb, doesn't it? :)

1st ever blooms on this Divine.

Kona Candy not quite grown up yet to put on a show but she does still keep blooming, just a few at a time, since late March, early April.

Intense Rainbow.

Raspberry Sundae. One bloom at a time. I expect wonderful things in the years to come!

Silly me! This is the Waimea tip I whacked off after black tip. I didn't look to see it pushing new tips before I cut it. It's worth a try, right?

Comments (10)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Mona!! Those are beautiful!!

I know you are so excited and we finally have our ' just rewards' for all of the patience we have had over the years.. It is going to be a great season!!!

Thank you for sharing your beauties...

We need to have you come up and meet Peg and I for lunch this season!!

Do you like sushi ? Lol... It seems we go to the same place all of the time!!

Love to meet you!!

Congratulations...

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Beautiful, Mona! Looks like you've got the heat and humidity for rich colors.

• joanr
    9 years ago

Mona,
    Love all the blooms. My Penang peach is blooming up a storm -five Infos but the color is not as intense. Can you imagine that here in the Houston area but we have had rain almost every day for the last five days. So there is hope for a deeper color but I love it's smell. It is one of my favorites and never get tired of seeing it!!!

Love the Intense Rainbow. It is a show stopper.

Great job.

Joan

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

Those are quite the collection of wonderful blooms! I really love Intense Rainbow. Such saturated colors! What is the growth habit of this one? Similar to Lei Rainbow? Mine is borderline compact, I'd say.

My Divine has FOUR inflos. I'm psyched. This one is starting to live up to the hype.

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

What beautiful, vibrant colors! I am amazed at how much color your Divine has! Here on the coast, it pales in comparison.

• beachplant
    9 years ago

Gorgeous!
    My Penang Peach is blooming like crazy too, Rasberry sundae just finished but looks like more inflos. Jackie is blooming for first time. Broomstick Rainbow from Emerson, Amaryns curly white are also putting on a show right now. They sure do love this heat. 86 with heat index of 98, 92% humidity right now. The colors are so saturated.

Thanks for the pics.
    Tally HO!

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Love the PP and thank you for sharing!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura - I hope our schedules can mesh this fall when I have more time to do things other than those things I -have- to do. I don't do sushi but there's always something on the menu that I would love! :)

Yes, patience is a virtue, or so they say. I possess more than realized! lol

Hi Jen! Yes, we've had some heat and humidity but nothing like what will come the next couple of months. I dread it, even if the plumies will love it. I'm getting too old to take the heat.

joan - thank you! Yes, I see that ya'll have been having some crazy weather for this time of year. Us, too. We have had some cooler than norm temps, but don't see much of that in the forecast. Penang Peach is such a trooper, huh? I have 3 trees. Just love them. You'll see your deeper colors soon!

Dave - I love Intense Rainbow, too! When scouring the internet, I've read that IR can be a rangy grower but mine hasn't gotten big enough yet for that to be the case. It doesn't seem like mine is going to be a compact grower, though.

I was getting ready to post another IR pic, but suddenly photobucket went down.

gidget - but you have such nice weather out there. Hmmm... humidity or brighter blooms color? It would be hard for me to decide a preference.

Tally - good to see you! How's everything down your way? Sounds like you're having a great season.

texasplum - got PP? It's a must have!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here's the newest Intense Rainbow bloom.

And here's Kona Candy just a lil more pink, a lil more orangey in the center. Scrumptious!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Always can do something else.. ;-)

Look forward to it!!

Laura

Love the new blooms..

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction