Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

I bought a Plant from Craigslist!!

No-Clue
11 years ago

We're moving so I figured I better learn to sell some stuff on Craigslist... instead I found Plumerias!! Why I would even look on there I do not know.

Anyway, I found a local person so I figured close enough to just see what he has. Turned out he has mostly Celadine which I already have 2 of... but he has a few Daisy Wilcox. Since that was on my wish list I picked up a 5 gal with inflo for $25. White flowers w/ yellow center and pink tips? Does that sound like Daisy Wilcox?

I have to learn to post pics so I can start sharing my plants. Anyway, I figured $25 for a 5 gal w/ inflo even if it's not DW it's still a pretty plant.

Now off to hunt for harder to find plants. :)

Comments (15)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hi No CLue...

Here is a pic of my Daisy WIlcox.. i love this tree!

You will too!

Congratulations!!

Laura

{{gwi:1586}}

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

Wow, I never thought of Craig's List.
    Photos do help, I use flicker.com to hold hundreds of photos for $25.00 per year and you can make good friends on there that share the same passions for plumeria!
    I saw a Daisy Wilcox today at Exotica Plumeria in Tampa.
    The blooms are huge!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Laura,

Mine are not as pink though... but then my flowers are not as saturated as some I have seen... so I am wondering if it's not due being so close to the ocean?? Anyway, for that price I'm happy to pick up a good 3 tips plant!

Tropic, DH has his own servers so I have a place to put the photos... I just don't know how to post them on here. :(

• Tropic_7
    11 years ago

No-Clue

Can you find the HTML code? this is the only example I can show. You just copy it and paste it into the message you are typing in the message box.

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    HTML code is everything in grey, the whole thing.
    Copy and past onto GW, pic will show up in preview and submit mode

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    Here is pics of DW growing in Coastal So Cal.

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

$25 for a blooming Plumie in a 5 gal pot is a great deal. Congratulations!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey James!!!

Great pics.. I love my DW...

SHe was one of my first to show me an inflo when i first started collecting...

No Clue... I do think heat , humidity has alot to do with the coloration of the flowers... I can have the same flower open in the winter, spring and then when it appears in the heat of the summer, it looks entirely different. (Stronger hues..)

Hope this helps..

That is why when i see inflos forming when its time to bring them in for the winter, i feel sad because i know i wont see their true beauty.. but all is good!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok thank you all! I'm going to try to upload some pictures just as soon as I figured out how. I should ask DH since he's a computer engineer and all... BUT then he will know the extent of my obsession!! And I'm not ready to tell him yet. LOL...

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

That's a heck of a deal! After I read your post I went immediately to Craig's List and searched for plumeria. Lol!

Rachel

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Did you find anything Rachel? Funny now that I'm all into Plumies I find myself looking even when I was at a supermarket! Yeah like they would sell Plumies there. Dork.

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    THere is a nursery in LA that sells plumies and a ton of Jungle Jacks stuff. I went to the nursery several yrs ago and met Dewaine and Carol there....was fun.

So you can find plumies on CL and some deals but again you really have to be sure of what your buying.
    Here are some pics of the Nursery I took..see it is a legit nursery..lol:

• pcput
    11 years ago

"WOW" freak4plumeria. That is some place. It would be like heaven on earth. Thanks for posting the pics. Peg

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WHERE is this place Freak! I need to go!!

• Kimo
    11 years ago

NC,
    The Nursery is in the N.E. Part of LA....hmm La Habra I think. The guy who owns the nursery posts on CL every year, but he also sells in OC at the Fair Grounds. He sells a lot of JJ's stuff but its the same price as JJ's. There is also several others that sell cuttings and plants at the OC fair grounds.

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County