Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I bought a Plant from Craigslist!!

Posted by No-Clue none (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 22:12

We're moving so I figured I better learn to sell some stuff on Craigslist... instead I found Plumerias!! Why I would even look on there I do not know.

Anyway, I found a local person so I figured close enough to just see what he has. Turned out he has mostly Celadine which I already have 2 of... but he has a few Daisy Wilcox. Since that was on my wish list I picked up a 5 gal with inflo for $25. White flowers w/ yellow center and pink tips? Does that sound like Daisy Wilcox?

I have to learn to post pics so I can start sharing my plants. Anyway, I figured $25 for a 5 gal w/ inflo even if it's not DW it's still a pretty plant.

Now off to hunt for harder to find plants. :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I bought a Plant from Craigslist!!

Hi No CLue...

Here is a pic of my Daisy WIlcox.. i love this tree!

You will too!

Congratulations!!

Laura

Photobucket

o

• Posted by Tropic_7 9 West Bradenton Flo (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 23, 12 at 22:31

Wow, I never thought of Craig's List.
Photos do help, I use flicker.com to hold hundreds of photos for $25.00 per year and you can make good friends on there that share the same passions for plumeria!
I saw a Daisy Wilcox today at Exotica Plumeria in Tampa.
The blooms are huge!

o

Laura,

Mine are not as pink though... but then my flowers are not as saturated as some I have seen... so I am wondering if it's not due being so close to the ocean?? Anyway, for that price I'm happy to pick up a good 3 tips plant!

Tropic, DH has his own servers so I have a place to put the photos... I just don't know how to post them on here. :(

o

• Posted by Tropic_7 9 West Bradenton Flo (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 24, 12 at 0:09

No-Clue

Can you find the HTML code? this is the only example I can show. You just copy it and paste it into the message you are typing in the message box.
HTML Code

o

NC,
HTML code is everything in grey, the whole thing.
Copy and past onto GW, pic will show up in preview and submit mode

o

NC,
Here is pics of DW growing in Coastal So Cal.

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

$25 for a blooming Plumie in a 5 gal pot is a great deal. Congratulations!

o

Hey James!!!

Great pics.. I love my DW...

SHe was one of my first to show me an inflo when i first started collecting...

No Clue... I do think heat , humidity has alot to do with the coloration of the flowers... I can have the same flower open in the winter, spring and then when it appears in the heat of the summer, it looks entirely different. (Stronger hues..)

Hope this helps..

That is why when i see inflos forming when its time to bring them in for the winter, i feel sad because i know i wont see their true beauty.. but all is good!!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Laura

o

Ok thank you all! I'm going to try to upload some pictures just as soon as I figured out how. I should ask DH since he's a computer engineer and all... BUT then he will know the extent of my obsession!! And I'm not ready to tell him yet. LOL...

o

That's a heck of a deal! After I read your post I went immediately to Craig's List and searched for plumeria. Lol!

Rachel

o

Did you find anything Rachel? Funny now that I'm all into Plumies I find myself looking even when I was at a supermarket! Yeah like they would sell Plumies there. Dork.

o

NC,
THere is a nursery in LA that sells plumies and a ton of Jungle Jacks stuff. I went to the nursery several yrs ago and met Dewaine and Carol there....was fun.

So you can find plumies on CL and some deals but again you really have to be sure of what your buying.
Here are some pics of the Nursery I took..see it is a legit nursery..lol:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

"WOW" freak4plumeria. That is some place. It would be like heaven on earth. Thanks for posting the pics. Peg

o

WHERE is this place Freak! I need to go!!

o

NC,
The Nursery is in the N.E. Part of LA....hmm La Habra I think. The guy who owns the nursery posts on CL every year, but he also sells in OC at the Fair Grounds. He sells a lot of JJ's stuff but its the same price as JJ's. There is also several others that sell cuttings and plants at the OC fair grounds.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here