Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apricot Locks

Posted by rox146 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 22:26

I purchased this from Suki at Tropic Nature over 4 years ago. Finally an inflo on Apricot Locks. Very small, size of a quarter and a nice scent. Anyone have this? Anyone know what happened to Tropic Nature on the North side of Oahu? roxanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apricot Locks

Rox,
I had one when Suki first introduced it, I think it was 2005. It does perform in cooler temps. I gave mine away in 2009, as I was thinning out my collection.
As for Trop Nat, the website is gone and the owner does not post on any forums anymore, though she does have a FB page.
Originally TN was run from her house in Ewa Bch, then she finally bought a house and moved to Waianae, then ran the website for couples of year and then poof gone, other than a few rumors that were circulating around as to what happened at the end.
I know that Matt aka onestopaloha on Ebay, carries many of the same varieties like Bonnie Fox, Wave Rage, etc. Fuzzy Moody aka Blooming Plumerias also supplied Trop Nat with some of her stock that she sold so you can find some of the same varieties in Bloomingplumerias Ebay store. From 2001 to 2006, I had purchased a ton of stuff from her but only have 3 of her plumies left in my collection as I gifted the rest away.

Hope this helps answer your question.

o

I love the beautiful color!!

o

mahalos freak4plumeria...after waiting so long for blooms, wish they would be bigger! Were yours small too? roxanne

o

Rox,
My plant bloomed the 2nd season I had it and initially were small, but later flowers got bigger and with the drooping slight curve to the petal like Suki's.

May not be warm enough now, might have to wait till Aug/Sept.
Congrats

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here