Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Can someone help me find a plumeria nursery in Florida?

honeybunny2 Fox
13 years ago

I will be going to West Palm Beach Florida next Tuesday and would like to buy some plumeria cuttings, or plants. I lost 12 of my 13 plants from the freeze we had this winter. I would like to get Candy Stripe, and Rainbow colors. Plumeria with multi colors, with large flowers. I can only get the red, pink, white and yellow ones here in San Antonio Tx. We will also go to the Florida Keys for the weekend. I have spent hours on the computer trying to locate a nursery that would have these plumeria, but all I can find is the name of nurseries. I would appreciate any help. My husband is going to school so I will have the rental car, during the day. Thanks, Barbra,

Comments (12)

• sherry254
    13 years ago

if you don't find what you want in Florida... abt 70 miles away from you in Manchaca, Tx, there is a plumeria place. i don't have any personal experience to share about the nursery there yet... but i hope to visit them in the future. look up alohaplumerias for more information on it.

• john_luvs_frangipani
    13 years ago

Have you tried Florida Colors? They are located in Homestead, which will be on your way to the Keys. I also have a buddy that owns the Frangipani Farm in Fort Pierce, Florida.Which is about 50 miles north of West Palm Beach on I-95. He is about 10 miles off 95. You can call Richard of the frangipani farm at 772-332-1609, or check out Florida Colors @ http://www.floridacolors.com/
    Good luck finding your favorites and enjy your time in Florida!

John

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the information, I have already spoke to Richard, this morning, we will meet when I get to Florida. He is such a great guy. I am waiting for Marbridge in Manchaca Tx to open. To see if they have the multi colored plants. I go to the Buda plant swap, and can always stop on my way back. We will be with another couple on the trip to Key West, so I do not think I will be able to stop at Florida Colors. I would have a much better chance if it were a brewery. Barbra,

• john_luvs_frangipani
    13 years ago

Your welcome and good luck on your search. Yeah, Richard's a great guy.Have fun on your trip!

John

• sondra2010
    13 years ago

I'm new to this site and so late with an answer to your question.

There is a fabulous Nursery in Royal Palm Beach called "Excelsa Gardens" http://www.excelsagardens.com/Products/EGPlantDetails.asp?PLANTDETAILSID=3935.

The owner in Mark and the person to ask for if Mark is not available is Freddy: tell him I sent you.

• krystip10
    13 years ago

I may be a bit late, but I am also in Royal Palm Beach and have a nursery in my back yard with lots of trees, yearlings, seedlings and seeds. Let me know if you are still in need.
    :o)

• CHeuter_gmail_com
    12 years ago

I am a hobbiest, not a nusery, but I have plants in 2,3, and 5 gal pots. Call and I can give all you the information you need.
    Ken Heuter
    407-491-5862

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

Barbra,

I think you should buy a nice big cooler with lots of ice. Load it up with some good beers for your friends and then all go to Florida Colors!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dave, just to let you know, that we did drive to Florida Colors, and I got to meet Carol and her husband. They are the nicest people you could meet. I bought my plumerias from her and had them shipped home. They are starting to bloom right now. Siam Red and Gladys O'Neal are blooming, and the others will bloom very shortly. I went to the Corpus Christi Botantical Gardens, they have plumeria trees that outline the gardens. It was just breathtaking. The ones with the best blooms, I had ordered from Florida Colors, I am so excited. I just took Carols suggestings and went with them. She is the best! Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just found this thread in the search. This was the first time I posted on the plumeria forum. I bought my first 4 named plumeria, to replace the noid's that I lost in the freeze. Then a year later June 2011 I bought 14 more named plumeria from Florida Colors, tomorrow it continues. Memory Lane. Barbra .

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Plumygirl here is in Florida. She has very nice plumies, you could write her here a message and she could send you a list of what she has now. :)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

I feel it too Barbra. I have seen my first post and I'm so shocked at where i am now. Ohhh my!

Glad you had fun on memory lane.

I knew someone in va had my cooler of beers. Dave?

K also confessed...Well. Sort of!! ;-)

Have fun tomorrow!
    Laura

Sponsored
Through The Garden, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
#1 Landscape Design Build Firm Serving Virginia/Maryland & DC Area