Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mimalf

Divine

mimalf
10 years ago

With my Aztec Gold infested with spider mites I almost forgot that yesterday, on Father's day, hubby made me a surprise gift: a Divine from JJ found at HD. He was touring Lowe's and HD to find neem oil and he found plumies, freshly arrived there. After he found the ones at HD, he ran to Lowe's to see if they have nicer ones but they didn't. Prices too high and plumerias too small/not many leaves/no inflos, not many tips. So he went back to HD and bought the one and only JJ Divine for me... on Father's Day! :)

I love it so much, she's so beautiful, looks healthy, has 3 tips, no inflos for now but there is still time.

Now, with the spider mites the Aztec Gold has, is there any danger of the mites flying with the wind to the new Divine? They are separate but on the same patio.

Also, should I spray Divine's under-leaves with neem oil to prevent any mites settling on it?

This post was edited by SagoLover on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 1:59

Comments (19)

• georgecc
    10 years ago

SagoLover, I'm still pretty new so I can't give you as good care advise as the others can, but I wanted to congratulate you on your new Divine. It's one of my favorites - so I ended up picking another one like yours (no inflos yet) at Lowe's recently. I have a bigger one that blooms like crazy, the flowers are beautiful, good smell. Excellent plumie. I hope it give you a lot of blooms!

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SimiDude, thank you for the kind words! I hope it will grow healthy and it will reward us with beautiful blooms. :)

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What's the tallest size Divine can grow to? Being a miniature I guess it will not be even close to the others. :)

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Congrats on your new baby! I picked one up a the PSA sale.
    Tally HO!

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Sagolover,
    Even though Divine is a miniature, it is still quite vigorous but grows rapidly in width (if not restricted and pot-bound) and more slowly in height. After many years, it will still reach 5 feet or so but with many many many tips and branches. Go to junglejacks website and under gallery click on miniatures. There will be a picture on the right in a circle. That is what you can expect after many years.

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks beachplant! :)

Pharaoh, I saw that pic, it's lovely! ;)

This post was edited by SagoLover on Tue, Jun 18, 13 at 15:54

• rox146
    10 years ago

I bought 2 of them with inflos at the Lowes frenzy...can hardly wait....roxanne

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, so nice Roxanne! Can hardly wait for you to post pics of the blooms! :)

Mima

• rox146
    10 years ago

I will as soon as they open...

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yay!

• rox146
    10 years ago

Sago...what part of SoCal are you in? Want to come to our Luau in August?

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Roxanne, I'm at the border of San Bernardino Co with LA County.
    You are somewhere in the Valley? It would be great to attend a Luau!! Thank you so much for invitation!

Mima

This post was edited by SagoLover on Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 1:37

• rox146
    10 years ago

No, we are in Ventura...you are more than welcome. I tried to start a group up here to no avail. So, next best thing, meet once a year and smell blooms and drink wine/beer and eat Kalua pork sliders... :-) roxanne

• rox146
    10 years ago

No, we are in Ventura...you are more than welcome. I tried to start a group up here to no avail. So, next best thing, meet once a year and smell blooms and drink wine/beer and eat Kalua pork sliders... :-) roxanne

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Ahh, I wrote Ventura first but I wasn't sure so I edited LOL.

Great idea Roxanne! We'll talk closer to that date to see what's needed.

What do you think about South Coast Plumeria Society? They have meetings held in Anaheim. I know it's not even close to you but I am just asking. Are they interesting and entertaining events?

• rox146
    10 years ago

I have always learned something when I attend plumeria meetings. So many grow them in the VTA and St. Bra. Counties that I thought it would work....but meeting w/o Roberts Rules is more fun...Date is August 24th at 1:00, in the sunshine so people can smell the blooms. Hopefully I will have some left the way they are blooming already, who knows.... roxanne

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh, so beautiful!! I can hardly wait now!!

Mima

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Nice mini devine. Mine is blooming right now. Congrats.

• mimalf
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oh thank you. Mine doesn't show any inflo for now but hey, it was a surprise so I can't complain, can I?

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County