Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maark23

My new plants

maark23 TX/8a
10 years ago

So I went to Home Depot to get a size for some panels. I wasn't even planning on buying any plants, BUT I saw these! I was surprised to see that they had plumeria here. None of them had an inflo's but I was just happy to see plumria on the shelf! They didn't have many varieties. Only three kinds. They are from a C Stars Nursery. I got a Pacific Pearl

And Scarlet Red

Mark

Comments (15)

• rox146
    10 years ago

FYI...C Star tends to give things their own names. I have about 10 C star plants and the nursery is owned by 3 sisters in Southern Ca. roxanne

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Pacific pearl smells great - I bet you'll really like it!

• DelWH
    10 years ago

Pacific Pearl is a nice looking flower and indeed a wonderful scent. Bought one last year.

This post was edited by DelWH on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 1:52

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Awesome Mark!! Whereabouts in Texas?

Mike

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Nice haul! I check our Home Depot on the island, the one on 146 and the Lowe`s on 146 on a regular basis and nothing. :(

Tally Ho!

• maark23 TX/8a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone I can't wait till the bloom!

Mike, I'm in El Paso, faaaaaaaar west Texas. Been pretty hot here lately.

I want to go check my Lowes out and another Home Depot to see of they have any more there! :o

Mark

This post was edited by Maark23 on Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 10:18

• rox146
    10 years ago

FYI...Our Costco got about 30 C Star trees all in bloom last year around end of June and into July...sad though, they sat inside w/o sun and over watered...they were 5 gallon for $24 or maybe bigger pots...great looking when they 1st came in though....roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Mark!!

SCORE!!! lol..

Any Plumeria is a good Plumeria!! N'est ce pas? ;-)

You will find more around now that you are looking and be careful.. they mulitply fast!! Just like rabbits!!! Here at my house, it is the run of the Plumies!!! LMAO!

I lOVE the set up that you have your C & S on.. did you make that yourself? Looks like a great place to leave your plants and let them drain properly.. Awesome!!!

Nice to see you here!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Oh oh... another addict in the making. LOL.

That's a great looking plant Mark. You know you just can't stop at one right? :)

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Great choices, Mark! I guess Austin is too far east for C Stars to ship because I've never seen anything other than generics from Texas for sale at our big box stores. That's okay--I've got the PSA sales to go to.

Your cacti are gorgeous, too! Love to see plants that are so exotic in my part of Texas.

Jen

• DelWH
    10 years ago

There is a fellow in Florida that deals with Cstars plants. I imagine he has them for the East Coast.

Here is a link that might be useful: C Stars varieties

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

I bet the El Paso Summers are great for Plumerias.

• maark23 TX/8a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Laura, yes any plumeria I find here is a good one! Yes the set up I have is part of a soon to be greenhouse. Its a bench in there. It still needs more work of course, but right now for the summer, fall season it will do.

No clue- I wanted to buy them all, but had no idea how I would fit them in my car! haha

Thanks Jen!

Mark

• Pharaoh4
    10 years ago

Pacific Pearl has one of the very finest of all Plumeria fragrances and is a symmetrical grower and reliable bloomer. Great choice!

Tony

• maark23 TX/8a
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hey Kms2 this will be my first summer with plumeria, so we will see how they do!

Thanks Tony! I hope to get some blooms this year!

Mark

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction