Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jandey1

Jungle Jack's visit!

jandey1
11 years ago

Thought you all might like to see what I found when I made a trip to JJ's in Vista, CA last week.

Unfortunately, I was too early for most blooms but there were lots of CA Sunsets blooming (peachy!) and enough others to keep me busy sniffing. There are two greenhouses of plumies, one with 2-gallon plants and one with 5-gallons. Most of these were in the 2-gallon area and were labeled "Premium Pink" or "Premium White", etc. It was a bit chaotic and many plants had no label at all.

Here's what you see when you walk in:

And this:

And this:

Like getting lost in a fragrant forest:

Here's a close-up of Divine, which smells, well, divine, like jasmine:

And Mini-white, which had a fainter smell:

There were also adeniums, yum!

I couldn't find out what this one was:

Yet another unlabeled pink:

This one I would've recognized anywhere, without a label, J105:

This isn't Inca Gold, but another beautiful and very large yellow, labeled "Premium Yellow", I think:

Can you believe I walked out of there empty-handed?! No Ginas were in bloom and that was the one I really wanted, so I resisted, plus I was being rushed by an impatient little one. Guess I'll just have to get something else at the show instead--I'll leave the ball and chain behind this time, LOL!

Comments (7)

• joanr
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh all those plumerias and you left empty handed. How did you resist? I don't think I would have had your willpower. But there is always the problem of getting them back home to Texas!!! Oh well, there is the sale this weekend where you can make up for your shopping lapse :) Joan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Jen, what beautiful pictures. I don't think I could resist buying at least one plumeria or desert rose. Barbra

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

that is so awesome Jandy. Wonderful pictures. That yellow is awesome I didnt know he sold DR's also.

So do they just say "premium" because they have no idea what type it really is.

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey Jen.

You definately have more will power than i do!! : )

But since i have seen what you will be experiencing soon, i know that you will be back in heaven with the sale in TX.

That is the sale to make anyone weak at their knees...

Thanks for the pics of JJ's.. I am sure you had a wonderful time wondering through all of his beautiful Plumeria!! What a place to let your little one "Smell the Plumeria" I hope you print that pic of your little one. What a great picture!!! : )

Welcome home!!

Please share more pics of the upcoming sale!!

Take care,

Laura

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

She left empty handed because they will ship :) Looks like a great place to visit.

Looks like a neat place. The greenhouse with PVC ribs and 4x4 center posts is a fantastic design could be replicated fairly inexpensively in a much smaller scale. hmmm. I need more land!

• pcput
    11 years ago

OH Jen !!! Are you sick !!! Running a fever !!! I'm sure you must be to see that and not find "one" you wanted. Great pics. Now I can dream with a real pic of what it must be like to visit. Thanks for posting them. Peg

• jandey1
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Well, if I'd been alone and been able to peruse at a leisurely pace I'm sure something would've caught my eye. I guess the key is taking the family along to bug you past the point of being able to spend money. ;)

It helped that most weren't blooming and that I knew the PSA sale was coming up this weekend. Glad you all enjoyed the pics--I missed the forum while I was away!

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area