Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pharoah_gw

Ironic

pharoah
14 years ago

Hey peeps!

I was planning on attending the JJ's open house tomorrow, but decided it wasn't practical to make the drive and spend the gas money.

I was depressed, so I went to Home Depot to look in the garden center. They had a lot of plumeria in 1 gallon in the semi-shade section. They were all generic and only two had a few flowers. I decided to pass on buying those, but figured I would go inside to look at the orchids. Guess what I found? JJ's premium Inca Gold! There were only 3 left, but all had multi-branches and inflos. I picked up a 4 branch with 2 inflos for $29!

I just found it interesting that I would find a plumie from the very place that I was depressed about not being able to visit.

ALSO!! I located a wholesale nursery much closer that only carries JJ's varieties, so that's where I will be tomorrow shopping.

To those of you going, please take pics and let us know what you buy!

Have a great night,

Tony

Comments (6)

• cbadcali
    14 years ago

Hi Tony; Lucky you, that's a good plumie for a great price. I went to the sale. Came home with a Thai Splash. There were many plants, some in bloom, and lots of people coming in the gate as I left. They had several Afrique plumies who were in various stages of bloom. (That is one of the nicest plumies and the color is to die for and the scent is an added plus in my opinion). Well I think I am officially out of room for any more plumeria. Well maybe just one more for my birthday next month. take care, cbad

• egnursery.com
    14 years ago

Hello Guys,

I myself am a plumeria fanatic so I know what it is like to search for nice new varieties of plumerias. I own a nursery and carry almost all if Jungle Jacks plumerias. I have JJ plumerias from 1 gal. up to 24'' boxes. Try our website if you want more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen Nursery, LLC.

• pharoah
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey EG!
    I'm the guy that bought the California Sunset from you on Saturday! You have a great selection, and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Tony

• drewcarb
    14 years ago

Tony,
    I'm in West Hills - pretty close to you in Sherman Oaks. Where is this place you say is closer? I looked on their site and it says Avocado Heights - where's that? Area code 626 sounds like Pasadena area to me.

• plumcr8zy
    14 years ago

drewcarb,
    I don't mean to but in here but the name Avocado Heights is kind of misleading. It's near the La Puente/Whittier area. It's off the 605 freeway and Valley Blvd. If you Google map it, you'll see where they're located. They seem to carry a lot of Jungle Jacks Plumerias. I don't know if they stock everything that is on their website. Prices are comparable to prices at the open house. Have fun shopping and don't get lost.
    -Rick

• Drodriguez99
    11 years ago

I agree with Rick, the location at Avocado Heights is very misleading like the owner German at EG. I have learned my lesson in dealing with him.
    David

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths