Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ironic

Posted by pharoah Sherman Oaks CA (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 19, 09 at 23:22

Hey peeps!
I was planning on attending the JJ's open house tomorrow, but decided it wasn't practical to make the drive and spend the gas money.

I was depressed, so I went to Home Depot to look in the garden center. They had a lot of plumeria in 1 gallon in the semi-shade section. They were all generic and only two had a few flowers. I decided to pass on buying those, but figured I would go inside to look at the orchids. Guess what I found? JJ's premium Inca Gold! There were only 3 left, but all had multi-branches and inflos. I picked up a 4 branch with 2 inflos for $29!

I just found it interesting that I would find a plumie from the very place that I was depressed about not being able to visit.

ALSO!! I located a wholesale nursery much closer that only carries JJ's varieties, so that's where I will be tomorrow shopping.

To those of you going, please take pics and let us know what you buy!

Have a great night,
Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ironic

Hi Tony; Lucky you, that's a good plumie for a great price. I went to the sale. Came home with a Thai Splash. There were many plants, some in bloom, and lots of people coming in the gate as I left. They had several Afrique plumies who were in various stages of bloom. (That is one of the nicest plumies and the color is to die for and the scent is an added plus in my opinion). Well I think I am officially out of room for any more plumeria. Well maybe just one more for my birthday next month. take care, cbad

o

Hello Guys,

I myself am a plumeria fanatic so I know what it is like to search for nice new varieties of plumerias. I own a nursery and carry almost all if Jungle Jacks plumerias. I have JJ plumerias from 1 gal. up to 24'' boxes. Try our website if you want more info.

Here is a link that might be useful: Evergreen Nursery, LLC.

o

• Posted by pharoah Sherman Oaks CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 22, 09 at 0:54

Hey EG!
I'm the guy that bought the California Sunset from you on Saturday! You have a great selection, and it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Tony

o

Tony,
I'm in West Hills - pretty close to you in Sherman Oaks. Where is this place you say is closer? I looked on their site and it says Avocado Heights - where's that? Area code 626 sounds like Pasadena area to me.

o

drewcarb,
I don't mean to but in here but the name Avocado Heights is kind of misleading. It's near the La Puente/Whittier area. It's off the 605 freeway and Valley Blvd. If you Google map it, you'll see where they're located. They seem to carry a lot of Jungle Jacks Plumerias. I don't know if they stock everything that is on their website. Prices are comparable to prices at the open house. Have fun shopping and don't get lost.
-Rick

o

I agree with Rick, the location at Avocado Heights is very misleading like the owner German at EG. I have learned my lesson in dealing with him.
David

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here