Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Update Of Cuttings And Other Pics...

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share some pictures of some of my cuttings that i have rooting. Most are doing well and i wanted to tell you that the little "nubs" are coming along. I will admit that they are with the large cuttings in the greenhouse and i have knocked them a time or two... Arrrgg!!!

My Miami Rose is still blooming and it was the first of the season to bloom for me. She still has more to share with me and i wanted you all to take a peek. I also took a few cutting this spring from this same tree. They were about the same size. I wanted to root one in the Gritty Mix that i like and the other in the standard mix that i also like to use (Cactus and Perlite) When i looked at the root development i was amazed at the different size of the roots. The Gritty Mix produced larger and strong thick roots and the other mix produced many roots and smaller thinner roots. They are both very healthy cuttings and were in the same area for rooting as well as on a seedling mat. I like to experiment and i thought some of you would like to see for yourselves.

Here is the Miami Rose. Most of the pics were taken today or yesterday. SOme of them i posted on another thread about fragrances...

{{gwi:548598}}

Cuttings of the two Miami Rose. The left cutting is in the Perlite and Cactus Mix. The cutting on the right is in the Gritty Mix.

{{gwi:43324}}

{{gwi:43325}}

Cutting bin..

We all have discussed about cutting inflos or not.. I am one that doesn't cut unless i see that it is taking away the energy from forming leaves.. Here is a Jean Moragne cutting showing something beautiful... Im glad i left it alone!! : ) It does have roots...

{{gwi:1179808}}

{{gwi:590303}}

This is very special cutting.. My "gift" to myself!!!

I didnt ant to say anything about this one until i knew it was rooting... here she is... JL Metallica

{{gwi:1179809}}

{{gwi:1179811}}

JL Metallica is producing an inflo too! : )

{{gwi:1179812}}

My trees on the top deck are finally leafing out and i have quite a few inflos on my J-105, Elsie, Taj Mahal, Thornton Lemon drop, Deserrt Sunrise and a few others..

{{gwi:1179815}}

My daughters dog looking at the Aqaubot thinking it is a strange object.. He likes to bark at this "monster".. LOL

Thornton Maverick.

Henry Apples Dupree

{{gwi:590306}}

Lava Flow

Take care everyone!!

Laura

Comments (40)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I also forgot to mention...that another special tree from a good friend.."Leela" is forming an inflo.. I am so pleased about this special tree. These special trees and cuttings from friends mean more than anything...

THANK YOU!!

Laura

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago

very nice plumies, and that desert rose is nice and thick.

• dpolson37
    11 years ago

Great blooms Laura! You'll need to change your screen name now
    that you are living in Hawaii.

Your gritty mix rooting experiment was great to see the differences in
    root growth. Now that I've been able to gather all the ingredients I am
    slowly transitioning my plants to the same.

Keep working on the smell-o-vision so we can enjoy your postings even more.

Big wave Dave

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Laura,

Great pics!!
    You're doing a great job with the plants.
    Please post pics of the Metallica.
    The DR's look good too.

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    11 years ago

as usual great job Laura. When my seedlings are big enough to ship Im going to send you one to join in all the fun there.

Your Jean Moragne is a knockout!!

Mike

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Your photos are spectacular as always, Laura! I love that JL Metallica. What do you think about Lava Flow? I've had my eye on one then read something somewhere that made me go "nah". :)

I'm particularly interested when you started those two cuttings, if you can remember the approx. date. They have many more roots than my two Aztec Gold do. Mine were started about the 1st of April, in mix I get from work, something similar to MG mix. If Al's gritty mix makes such a huge difference, then I'm going to have to go that route. I just hate having to shop for stuff that I can't buy down here in Edenton, or the surrounding area. Shopping sucks here! LOL

You may have to share your sources. :)

• ivysmom
    11 years ago

How long ago did you "pot" those cuttings? I should have put mine in a soda bottle, but didn't, so I can't see how the roots are doing (opaque plastic pot... duh!).

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

ivysmom - I've done the same thing until I saw that people here used clear plastic bottles. I was always afraid of the roots getting baked.

• tdogdad
    11 years ago

Your babies are growing up so fast and so healthy. You have quite a collection now and can enjoy your summer. I do not like humidity by I sure like the effect it has on the flowers. Say hi to Brad and hope you make it out this year. Bill

• rjcantor
    11 years ago

Wow, you are magic! It seems like rooting causes the inflos to form based on what I see here :) You're not putting an egg in there, are you? Are you putting them 4" deep as I read a lot or deeper?

BTW, for those of you wanting to try the gritty mix, John Deere Landscape centers sell allsport, which is identical to the Turface MVP and they sell it for less than most wholesalers. Napa Auto parts sells a bag of 'Floor-Dry" which is very similar but holds a bit more water. Those are the easiest ways to find the Turface, which for me has always been the hardest thing to find.

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,
    LOOKING GOOD AS ALWAYS!! I can certainly see a greenhouse in my future.

I am in LOVE with your Jean Moragne. Is it diffrent than Jeannie Moragne? If so, then I will certainly be looking for one while I am in FL!! Thanks a lot! LOL! Just joking! Metallica looks awesome, I am so happy for you! I cannot wait to see those flowers!

Hi Mona,
    I hope your not using Miracle Grow potting soil straight! IF so, that could certainly spell certain death for your cuttings! That stuff is just way to heavy, and holds way to much water for any plumeria. I do use it but I mix in a ton of perlite. I actually use 1/3 MG and 2/3 perlite. When you water, if the water isn't flowing right out your drainage holes, than you have a problem. You really want the soil to dry out in 2 to 3 days.

Andrew

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Laura,
    I forgot to ask you what is the cutting that has the yellow and white flowers? Is that one of the nubs that was broken? Good for you for being able to roots such small cuttings!

Andrew

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Hi Andrew. Yes, the mix has lots of perlite. Enough that it will float out of the pot and come out the holes. LOL
    We even have some that has rice hulls in it. That stuff is terrible! My boss uses a lot of the rice hull mix for bedding plants. He discovered how much cheaper the rice hulls are and he's always out to save a buck. :)

I had the same thoughts wondering about Jean and Jeannie Moragne. I think they're different but hopefully we'll find out soon.

Have a great day!

• nativec
    11 years ago

Oh my Laura! Your plants are looking gorgeous! I'm so thrilled about the debut of Metallica. Looking fabulous! Then again all your plants and blooms do. Thank you for the information about the gritty mix, how fascinating! I'm still dealing with some June gloom and less than optimal temperatures , so frustrating!

You keep me hopeful :)

Nicole

• sflgplume
    11 years ago

Laura,

awesome pics! The Miami Rose looks so familiar--they grow EVERYWHERE down here. I regularly drive past trees that must be 60-70 years old and as tall as a two-story house, and they're always topped with a beautiful canopy of bright pink blooms! Sometime I'll snap a photo...

Excited to see your Metallica, and LOVE the Henry Apples Dupree!! Thanks for sharing the beauty of your trees with us.

Greg

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

OOOOH, you picked up JL Metallica, I have been coveting that one, so different! Glad I can keep my $$ and watch yours instead. ;o)

Second the Jean Moragne vs Jeannie Moragne, beautiful!!

Big Wave Dave, you are too funny!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Fantastic update yet again, Laura! Now I have to try rooting my cuttings in the gritty mix--I know you wouldn't steer us wrong. You have the touch with your plants, that's for sure! Jeannie Jr. looks incredible, and I'm happy that you treated yourself to Metallica; it is quite unique, like you. :)

I'm out of Turface but did get oil-dry. (Thanks for the reminder, rcantor!) I potted them all up then remembered that I was supposed to soak in Superthrive first, then dip in rooting hormone, then pot up. sigh. Just got ahead of myself in all the excitement! At least I remembered the toilet paper rolls this time.

• pcput
    11 years ago

YEAAAAA Laura, I know how happy you are to see Metallica's inflo. Everyone will be standing in line for a cuuting of that one. Always knew you could do it. Peg

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

You have the magic touch, girl! Strong work - everything looks GREAT!!! You deserve to take a bow!

YPA

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

I wanted to post some info that i searched that Slaveto the fur posted a while back.. These are from her notes..thanks D!!!

I would also like Bill to help us with the parentage of the Moragnes if you can.. You had posted sometime ago....bout the names.. Bill, Jean, Jeannie, Kimi, Mary (kids and grandkids) It would be so interesting to see this again if you can remember this post bill!

aPosted by slave2thefur san diego - north co (My Page) on Tue, May 3, 11 at 19:05

here's my notes, trying to keep it all straight. Fragrance descriptions vary.
    Jean Moragne Jr. #161 AKA Jeannie Moragne 4 1/2" red flower with large yellow center, fruity fragrance. Vibrant red flower fading to reddish pink with large golden yellow bands and pinkish orange lines radiating toward outer edge of petal; narrow petals with pointed tip slightly overlapped; heavy texture; 4-1/2"; strong fruity, sweet rose scent; keeping quality good. One of the most striking flowers in the Moragne grouping. It has all the best characteristics for flower judging. Up to 5 1/2" flowers with orange streaking upon opening to slight pink at the edge of the petals. A star shaped flower with mild fragrance. Flowers are very large - up to 5 1/2" and appear orange upon opening blending to pink at the edges with very showy red veins in the petals. There is a grainy overlay of red-purple light on the left side of the petal and becomes a dense stripe on the right which forms the apparent shades of red and orange. A breath taking large flower 4" that appear cerise upon opening, fading to paler pink with white curved edges of petals, red eye, deep cerise throat, tight pinwheel shape, heavily overlapped, petals round. Strong sweet fruity rose scent, good texture. Spectacular 5" bright pink star-shaped flowers with dark pink streaks radiating from the gold center. Tall vigorous growing tree. Massive 5" flowers. Fabulous bright fiesta colors and excellent perfume. Vibrant red fading to reddish pink, large golden yellow bands and pinkish orange lines radiating outward, narrow petals, pointed tips, slight overlapping, heavy texture, 4-1/2", strong fruity sweet fragrance, keeping quality good. #161 Well known variety with large flowers of 3.5" to 4.5" flowers. Petals slight overlapping, oval and sharply pointed. Golden-yellow with red to purplish red area and red-orange veining radiating outwards. Flower-buds: dark red. Fragrance: fruity to smooth honey; Elliptical green leaves with red borders with acute tips. Very impressive Plumeria with strong colors and well shaped flowers. Largest individual flowers. The large flowers, the veining, the rainbow, the scent...it was the ONE to get for a while. It is a good one, even if it is grows into a weird shaped tree. Tree branches in unsightly manner. Not vigorous. Recommended for the coast. Root in dry conditions. Rangy growth habit. Elliptical green leaves have red borders with acute tips. Seed parent: Daisy Wilcox. Pollen parent: Scott Pratt. Named in honor of the daughter-in-law of William Moragne, Sr. Powerful red w/gold, blooms to 5-1/2", strong sweet scent and is possibly the fastest growing plumeria in captivity. Heavy bloomer.

Jean Moragne Sr. #146 AKA Jean Moragne, Moragne #9. 4" pink semi shell with mild rose fragrance. A large beautiful red, from the famous hybridizer, William Moragne, Sr., working in Hawaii in the 1950s. A "semi-shell" that opens gradually, giving a tulip appearance. Orange red center. Mild spicy rose scent. Cerise, fading to paler pink with white incurved edge of petal, red eye, deep cerise throat; tight pinwheel shape, very overlapped, petals rounded; large flower; strong rose fragrance. Jean is a pink flower with a lack of orange or yellow coloring. The plant does not grow as large as Jeannie and has a more uniform growth pattern. 4" reddish pink blooms with a sweet fragrance and a golden orange center. The flowers begin with a classic "shell" shape but slowly open fully. Wide, long growth tip growing pattern. Large flower to 5.5", bright color from orange to pink at the edge, petals lightly pointed with red veins in petals, strong rose fragrance. Medium size tree. Growth habit is lanky. Green leaves are elliptical with acute tips. Pod parent: Daisy Wilcox. Pollen parent: Scott Pratt. Named in honor of the wife of William Moragne, Sr.

Great notes D.. This was from an old post here on GW.

Pat... Thank you!!! My DR had a cute visitor this afternoon.. This is for you!!
    {{gwi:10909}}

DaveP...AKA Coconut!! LOL...

Glad you liked the experiment that i did with the Gritty Mix.. I also found this very interesting. Lookk at the size of those roots!!! Im so glad you found the ingredients... Good job!! OH.... How i wishh i was in Hawaii!!! : )

Printmaster... Thank you as well!! I will definately post pics of Metallica when she opens!! I can't wait!! : )

Mike... You are so kind!! Mahalo! Here is nother pic of Jean Moragne...

{{gwi:97807}}
    Now another showing the size of this bloom.. I measured it at 4 inches.. WOW!!
    This is my daughter...
    {{gwi:1179822}}
    California Sally...

California Sally and Jean side by side
    {{gwi:548602}}

Moonie..I love the color of Lava Flow, but i can't smell any fragrance on this bloom. I kept smelling something very fragrant all day.. i fianlly found what wass the most fragrant.. Thornton Maverick..I love this one!! MY cuttings from the Miami Rose were cut around the middle of APril. If you need help with finding sources, i will gladly help you!! : ) Remember,, the cuttings like bottom heat. My cuttings have been in my greenhouse in black bins with seedling heat mats underneath and haven't been touched or moved. Half are in Gritty Mix and the Other half are in half perlite and half cactus mix.
    My other binn of cuttings that were potted up weeks after the other bin was started...

Ivysmom...I also started my cuttings along time ago in black pots..don't worry, they will do fine that way. Just remember tht when you see leaves about 6-8 inches long and a second set start, they will have most likely started to root. Dont peek, You can always water lightly when you see these leaves around the outer rim of the container to help give moisture. Don;t disturb them now that you have started them. You can always use bottles next time!!!!

Bill,

What can i say...Thank you for everything!! My babies have grown and are doing great!! You know how much they all mean to me. The ones fromm B are doing well. The San Miguel, CA Sally, Sparky, Pink Cloud are all rooting. The others that had the nubs fll off...are all rooting too! This is the rooting of Bali Whirl..
    {{gwi:1179825}}
    The humidity here does take your breath away... I like your temps out there!!! But,, you re right about the Plumeria liking the heat and the humidity! I am very thankful... I would love to visit out there!!! No more "antlers tho" : ) LOL....

rcantor... Thank you for sharing your interest and info on the Gritty Mix!! Don't you just love this mix? : )

Turface can also be found at John Deer Landscaping dealerships as well as some Southern States stores. You can Google Turface and it will tke you to a Turface locator for your area. If you want the Napa Floor dry that you mentioned, that is Part # 8822. Thank you for all of your kind comments!! I certainly appreciate that!!

ANdrew.. I can see a greenhouse in the future for you!! Maybe next summer? Yes.. Jean and Jeannie are different varieties.. The blooms thaat you are seeing in the first bin on my cuttings is from a ET Lemon Drop. This one is going crazy with the inflos... smells wonderful!

Nicole.. I feel like we have "sisters" LOL.. My cutting was purchased about a month before you had posted about your Metllica. I was so worried about losing it..i wanted to make sure it rooted before ii mentioned this because of the (cough, cough..of the cost) : ) You know what i mean!!! I am looking forward to hearing about your cutting too! I am also pleased that you enjoyed the info on the Gritty Mix.. It is fascinating to me as well!!! Hopefully the June Gloom will lift for you and you ll will have the beautiful sunshine that you deserve. Thank you for all of the kind words.. "You keep me excited too!"

Greg.. It must be heaven down in your area with 70 year old trees... OH MY!!! You are so lucky!!! Please pot pics of these beauties!!! I also love Henry Apples Dupree.
    I was told that it was a so so bloom, but i love this one.. especially the man who it was named for. He truly loved his trees and wanted them planted in so many places... The late Henry Apples Dupree. " Love the tree you are named for" Thank YOU!!!

Wendy... I also love the Jean... she is beauty!!! I can't stopp looking at this cutting..it is just a beauitful bloom...

Jen... I would never steer you wrong my friend!!! You have a way of always making me smile with your sweet comments. Thank you for all tht you do for me and everyone else here on this forum!!!

Peg... You know ii was holding my breath on the JL Metallic cutting.. WHOOOO!! I am so glaad it rooted for me. You have more confidence in me then i did.. LOL.. I was so nervous about this one.. I really was.. NO PRESSURE!!! LOL...

Al... Thank you for you kind compliments!!! Truly means so much coming from you!!! If i was to take a bow.. it would be to you!!! Thank you for all that you do!! I always learn so much from you and i appreciate all that you share. You always give your best to others and never tire of answering questions. You sir, deserve a bow!! HA!
    Glad you are a friend.. Mahalo!!!

Good night everyone!!!

Laura

Original Author
    11 years ago

Ok...

I am a little confused... When i bought this cutting labeled "Jean" Moragne.. i thought it was a Jean! Right?

Well.. as i look at the the other Jean on Ebay... it is more Pink... then i was reading D's notes again.. It says that the Jean Moragne Jr AKA as jeannie is the same color as what i have posted.. i guess when i bid on this cutting and it said "Jean" i assumed it was.. "Jean" LOL...

I already have Jeannie from BG from his tree ..so i know it is really a "Jeannie" LOL.. I love the color of this "Moragne..." but i wish i knew when i bought it and it was labeled Jean... it was a Jeannie.. LOL

Anyone else confused? LMAO!!!

I do love the color.. it is stunning.. but.. Jean or Jeannie? Bill? Diane? Jen? James? Dewaine? Anyone?

Thanks...

Laura

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Off topic but I think I just might have to steal your little red dachshund. It's so cute! :D

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Kim!!!!

Here is another pic just for you!!!

I hope all of your trees are doing well. How is the Bill Moragne doing? You have done such a great job.. i can't wait to see more pics!!!

This is my daughters weiner.. i have a Black and Tan one.. They are so cute!!!

{{gwi:1584}}

Have a great night!!!

Laura

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

Awwwww *melts like butter*. Such an adorable little doxie. If I ever had a red one I'd name it Roxy. My dad's friend had a red wire haired dachshund and my goodness it was the cutest puppy I've seen when it was little! Every time my dad would go fishing at their ponds, she'd go with him and catch frogs.

As for my Bill Moragne cutting, I noticed the other day it day tiny slight wrinkles. I thought maybe due to the almost 90F weather plus the dirt was dry so I gave it a drink around the rim of the pot. Hope it won't hurt it. My neon lights was like that too which it hasn't been watered since May 24th an it's dirt was dry too so I gave it a little drink like I did for Bill. Again, hope it won't hurt it as well.

One day I hope to have lovely blooms as yours so right now I will envy your pictures lol. ;)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Laura, just to clarify--is that Jean or Jeannie, Jr. pictured? I'd have guessed Jeannie, but I don't know enough about Jean to recognize it.

And OMG, your strongest scent is Maverick? I CAN'T WAIT for mine to bloom! The waiting is torture.

Moonie, I also saw something about Lava Flow that made me go, "Nah." What was it? Then Carol at FC said definitely go for Leona Hoke over Lava Flow when I asked her opinion. Something about it not being a great bloomer, maybe? I have a seedling of LF a friend gave me and you can tell it hasn't branched or bloomed much. Still waiting for flowers on a five-foot tall plant.

Then I see pictures of LF from people like Laura and I think, "Hm. I likey."

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Hi Laura, great pics as usual. I hope most of the wind bypassed your house on Thurs-Fri?? I was in VB for work and couldn't believe how windy and cool it was. Everyone was saying how out of character it was for mid June.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone!!!

Jen..i do believe the strongest fragrant tree that i have is the Thornton Maverick. I do LOVE this tree! You will be one happy lady when yours blooms for you!! I cant wait when you tell me about what you think!!! Mmmm, so nice!!!

I was so confused about this Jean or Jeannie.. I had visited Bud when i was out in CA and i do have a Jeannie Moragne from his tree. So i wanted to order the "Jean" I have Sally, Edi, Mary, Kimi, Katie.. so i really wanted Jean" I did bid on this one from ebay from Fuzzy. It was labeled "Jean" i posted this pic on another forum and called it "jean" and i was told that i had a beautiful "jeannie" So, i had to do some searching. Fuzzys pic on his "Jean" is a different color. It is pink and has a different pointy shape . I Emailed Fuzzy about my question and he was gracious to email me back the next day... He said that he called Dr. Rich Criley and spoke to him about the "jean" He sells his Jean Moragne #78 which is Jean Sr. The one Fuzzy was selling as Jean was really Jeannie. He apologized and said that he had made a mistake. I am still very happy with the Jeannie and will continue to search for "Jean" but i was impressed that Fuzzy made this clear to me. I know their are so many Moragnes and the Jean /Jeannie can be mistaken at times.. but the difference in the coloration and the shape of the blooms are quite different.

So, to answer your question...I have the Jeannie that is blooming for me. Whooo... The stem marking on my cutting said Jean. Now, i know... LOL...

I just love this cutting, but i wanted to know what its true identy was...

Thank you Fuzzy for taking the time to call Dr. Riley and clear this up for me as well as others... Hopefully, i will get the Jean soon! Ohh noo... i told DH no more this season.. I guess it wasn't my fault.. so i can go ahead and order another!! YES!! LMAO!!

Brian.. we did have some really strong winds here. I was just telling my good friend, that i went to the beach the other day and felt like i was getting sand blasted because of the winds and the sand. The winds finally settled down here. I felt sorry for the local artist here in VB. We had the Boardwalk Art Show this weekend and im sure the winds didnt help with the displays as well as sales there at the oceanfront. I wish you had emailed me..You would have been more than welcome to stop by and say hello to me and the family!!!

Next time? OK?

Take care everyone!!!

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

That explains why Fuzzy changed the name on his current listing to Jeannie, with the same photo he's used in the past for Jean. I'm sure someone will be happy to trade you for your "spare"!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Laura,
    Things look fantastic. I'm not too familiar with the Jean Sr (#78). I also thought your cutting was a Jeannie from the pictures. You can reason your way into getting your Jean SR. I beleive that the cutting on which the stipulation of "no more for this year" was based was never received. Therefore the stipulation has not gone into effect. So it is in everyone's best interest for you to get your Jean SR. Upon receipt AND rooting of the Jean Sr. then the agreement goes into effect.

As I sit here at my desk (supposed to be working...but we will save that topic for another day) I can see my Jeannie out the window with some beautiful blooms on it. IMO the Jeannie is a top must have for any hobbyist's collection.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Here are a couple of my gardening buddies:

{{gwi:452005}}

src="http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t68/honeybunny2fox/spring2011flowers120.jpg"; border="0" alt="Photobucket">

{{gwi:529536}}

• pcput
    11 years ago

CUTE !!! honeybunny. I like the long-haired. I'm a little partial though as I have a papillon and a long-haired chihuahua. Can you imagine if yours were running around with Laura's and her daughter's? What a ball. Peg

Original Author
    11 years ago

Awwwwww.. They are adorable!!!

Thanks for posting those cute weiners!!! I love Dapple Dachshunds.. Sooooooooooooo cute!!!

Here are a few updates on some of my blooms and cuttings..

Passion Orange

Jeannie Moragne
    {{gwi:11754}}
    Lava Flow

Trees...
    {{gwi:1179829}}

Take care everyone,

Laura

• joanr
    11 years ago

Laura,

Now I am confused about Fuzzy's plants. I did get a Jean from him and I thought the bloom looked like Jeannie so I will rename. Thanks for letting us know!!! But you said his Jean is Jean Moragne #78. Moragne #78 is suppose to be Kelly Moragne so I wonder if this is really Jean Sr. or Kelly? But I haven't seen any Jean's for sale from him!

Joan

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

ah...now I get it. When you posted in a previous chain "James, its Rooting" you were talking about your Metallica cutting.

This melon at the top of my neck may have taken a few thumps but it still works. :)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Okay, Laura, I'm totally stealing that photo of Jeannie Moragne in front of your pool so I can look at it when I'm having a rough day! Sooooo relaxing.

Joan, IIRC, Fuzzy's sold a few of those Jeans that I thought looked like Jeannie. Now we need to find a Jean source. I think she's still pretty scarce.

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Laura,

What a dream... I want to live in your garden among all your plumies! How many plants do you have? Or rather I should ask... what don't you have! LOL.

1Stop is now listing that JL Metallica ROOTED... they will ship the cutting after it's rooted. I was soooo tempted before but scared I couldn't get it to root but now that they will root it for us I'm contemplating again. It's a small plant I can fine space for it... what's one more right? I can't wait to see yours once they bloomed!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I can't wait to get my Metallica rooted cutting. I was told it would be ready in August. I saw the plant in full bloom. It was Franks favorite, I also ordered 4 other rooted cuttings. When you see Plumeria trees in full bloom, it so easy to decide what plants you want. Barbra

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Joan... I was so confused as well. When i ordered this "Jean" from Fuzzy, i thought it was a Jean. Well, after i posted this pic to another forum.. I received a post and was corrected that it was a "Jeannie" . I already have a Jeannie from Bud, so i wanted to get a Jean.

There is a Jean Jr. (AKA as Jeannie) and Jean Sr. (Jean)

So... I contacted Fuzzy and he contacted Richard Criley and said that (Rich) schooled him about the two. Fuzzy had been listing his Jean and it actually was Jeannie. (AKA as Jean Jr.) He was very sorry for the misunderstanding and he has fixed the name on the Ebay website. Rich had mentioned that Jim Little was selling Jean as Moragne # 78. That is all i know. You could ask Fuzzy about the Moragne # 78... I am happy with my Jeannie and will probably just be happy with the Moragnes that i have. : ) Just to know that Fuzzy thanked me and has changed what was listed makes me happy. So here is to Fuzzy to take his time and contact Rich Criley to ask him about my question.. That was very nice of him and i thank him. Now others will get their Jeannie instead of thinking it is a "Jean" Sigh..did you get that? LOL...

K,
    I was talking to James about the Metallica. I had contacted him and had told him about what i wanted and his thoughts. He was most gracious and gave me his valued opinion. So... i was holding my breath that this cutting would root! Oh... "What a relief that was.." LOL... BTW....YOu do have a great "melon"... I always appreciate that you use it wisely!!!

Jen... You are more than welcome to use my pic anytime you want!!! I'm glad that it makes you feel relaxed. I love to go outside and mess in my yard. It is my only way to relaz when i get home from work. You know the long hours that i work when im gone.. ARrggg!

No CLue... You are welcome to come and live amongst my Plumies whenever you want!!! LOL.. It will give my DH something else to think about!!! : )

As far as the count? I really have stopped counting. Must be a sign of my addiction!! I really think that i have around 90# or so... no more than 100!!! PS.. Don't tell anyone!!! LOL..especially my DH!!! LMAO!!

Barbra. I cant wait until you receive your Metallica. I was so excited about this one.. I have never paid a price like this for a cutting and if i knew it would be for sale rooted for ony 10 more dollars... I would have waited. Must less stress on me .. The last few months waiting for a sign of rooting was killing me.... SIgh...

I cant wait to see more pics from everyone!!

Thanks again for all of the kind comments.. you all are the best!!!

Laura

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Oh so Barbra you also bought a Metallica cutting as well?

Laura you're enabling me to get the Metallica now! I figured even rooted it's small... DH won't notice! LOL Besides I can always tell him you have 90 and I'm only up to 20+. So I got ways to go!!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I saw it in full bloom, it was beautiful! I saw plumeria in bloom that I had only seen in pictures. What a diffrence seeing them in real life. I cannot believe how beautiful pink ruffels was.I will go back in August, and hope that the cuttings he took in May have rooted. Barbra

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH