Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
barb13_gw

new pictures

barb13_gw
9 years ago

Here are a few pictures of my backyard. First up are some of the little seeds I have started. This year I had lots of luck just putting them in catcus mix and keeping them in the shade. Barb

Comments (19)

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a picture of my Henry Apples Dupree. First time it bloomed and both branches have flowers.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I love this no name one, almost looks like someone painted the flowers.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is one of my Jeannie Moragne Jr. This one seems to bloom each year but never gets more branches (it has two) but this year in the spring I cut the one branch that never blooms and now I have three more on this plant.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

First time that my J.J. Jenny has bloomed. I got this last year at lowes. As I was watering today I saw that I have about 10 more plants that are getting ready to bloom. One is the Tangerine pink that has not bloomed in a couple years. Looking forward to enjoying this one again.

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Love the size on that JM bloom.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. I was very happy with it.

• rox146
    9 years ago

Barb it all looks so beautiful. roxanne

• elucas101
    9 years ago

Gorgeous blooms Barb! Your plants look so happy!!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

Was that last pic the JJ Jenny? Is it a compact plant?

I imagine yours stay outdoors year-round? How do the JJ's do with cooler temps?

Great photos! Keep 'em comin'

• Houndhome
    9 years ago

Beautiful photos Barb!!

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone.

Dave, I am lucky that I can keep them outside all year round. I would never have the room or the energy to move them all. LOL I just got the Jenny last year and it has grow a lot so I don't think that it is a compact plant. I now have close to 500 but who is counting. If my husband does not care I sure don't either.

I seem to take pictures most days and will post a few more. Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The tag just says rainbow.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

This is another no name. When I first bought some 16+ years ago most stores did not have names on them.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a plastic pink one that I got from someone in FL a long time ago. Most of my bigger ones bloom each year.

• gidgetsocal
    9 years ago

What beautiful flowers! Your plants look great! Wow- almost 500 trees! Pretty soon, I'm going to need a shoe horn, and I'm still under 100! Lol!

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I was running out of room but we filled in the pool in December and I had lots of room but it has been filling up fast. My son and grandson were walking in Feb and saw where someone had filled three trash cans of cuttings and call me right away. My husband went to pick them up and he also was driving past some houses on trash day spotted another can fill of cuttings which he stopped and picked them up. I won some on ebay but nothing like what those two are bring me. I am not complaining just don't like to throw them out. Barb

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is a better picture of the J.J. Jenny.

• barb13_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here are the smallest cuttings that I got to grow. I put them in bigger pots this week and both had roots.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Wow! Looking great, Barb!

Love all of them!! Henry apples Dupree is a classic. I love mine !

Please post more. ;-)

Laura

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!