Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tdogdad

excellent packing

tdogdad
11 years ago

What I really like about Maui Plumeria Gardens (MPG) is that when you buy rooted plants they come in almost bullet proof packaging. Unlike BBB who is the worst packer I have dealt with, these are packaged to arrive without damage. See for yourself.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Notice the cardboard supports:

And you usually get a free cutting or two thrown in (a mystery and an EWC#3)

I like dealing with growers who are honorable and stand behind their products. Bill

Comments (13)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    11 years ago

Hey Bill,

That is impressive!!

I have never seen packaging like that before...

Looks like it didn't have any movement in that package at all!

Thanks for taking pics and sharing!!

Take Care,

Laura

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

That is very nice, Bill! It sure does make a difference buying from someone established and reputable. Way to go MPG!
    What did you get?!?

Rachel

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Bill why didn't you tell me that and saved me all the heart aches from broken inflo to broken tip and broken root balls! I also just bought two plants from BBB so I will report when they arrived.

So what did you buy please share. :)

• Kimo
    11 years ago

Hey Bill,
    I thought you were full house??? LOL
    What did you order from Doug and Jennifer... Curious minds would like to know..lol???
    PS... I agree MPG does a bang up job packing and shipping

• RollinFrogg
    11 years ago

I agree Bill, they are definitely in the business of repeat customers, and you always get more than you pay for. Highly recommended!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

It sure is nice to see that level of care and effort. It probably didn't cost them too much more to do it right either. Look how much free press they will get.

People will take notice and something called business darwininsm will take effect more and more. Other vendors will either have to adapt (reads "raise their game") or not earn our business. I say this with the whole hearted hope that every vendor pushes themselves to provide the best product they can and finds the best way to do business. Because people will notice.

"Best" is never a static point...In a competitive environment its always moving ahead.

• John Perilloux
    11 years ago

Great packing. I recently ordered a rooted tree from another grower and they shipped the tree in one of those long flat-rate boxes from the USPS. The tree was too long for the box so several leaves were folded over to make it fit. One was folded over so severely that it creased. My first time from that grower and maybe my last.

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Now Bill, why on earth are you purchasing more VWs?

You must have come into some land nearby?

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

LOL Dave! Yeah Bill did you buy more land? We want to know what you bought! :)

• ProudMamaSD
    11 years ago

Dave, very well said!

I hadn't ever heard of EWC #3 (east west center) and had to laugh at Doug's description as it is a perfect purchase for Bill, "A plumeria for the true collector"... says it all, lol. Beautiful flower, Bill, enjoy!

• isobea
    11 years ago

In my opinion, the way somebody packages their product also shows that they value the plants they've grown and don't want their babies to get damaged during shipping. And look at all the free press it is getting them as a by-product...
    And yes, Bill, we would like to know what you added to your car park.
    Happy growing everybody,
    Iso

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

STOP it you all! Now I feel like I must buy something so I can experience this excitement! I don't have many whites, or yellows or reds. I should look for those.

But again I better not... the apts we have been looking at have tiny patios! I'm in so much trouble as it is... I might have to bring them inside the family room! Yikes.

• tdogdad
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I picked up a rooted replacement for my Katie Moragne and while at it I got a Pauahi Alii (Angus Gold) which I have always liked. And no I do not have any new land so I am now about 60 VW spaces short of what I need. Hopefully I can stop here, at least until James comes by dangling some fancy pants Thai variety under my nose (he is like Haagen Das to someone trying to diet).
    Proudmama- the best thing about the EWC#3 is it was a freebee. Hard to reject freebees.
    Dave- we have been equally sick for many years. You are in little position to talk.
    Lynn- don't buy any now. When you come by in August you can have a white/yellow