Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Confession: I found The Right One. He Even Loves Plumeria...

Hello Everyone,

I wanted you all to hear it first...

You all especially who love Plumeria would understand, so i wanted to explain to you about this special companion in my life...

Many of you know me and i wanted to explain why "He" means so much to me...

Hopefully, you will understand and except him for who he really is... I have!!!

These are some of the reasons... OK, Here they are:

He doesn't care if the Fed Ex man comes around whenever i want and i don't have to worry about bringing in boxes...

He stays up for me at night and is always around to greet me even when i get home after 1:00 am.. "How Sweet"

He doesn't even jump when i walk in on him and he is looking at something else...

He lets me stare at him and he seems to really enjoy this!! : )

He always listens...

He always watches for my Plumeria and keeps the critters under control. I have had a problem with "Slugs" and i had to do my nightly walk. This is how we first "met"

He is my "Protector" of my Plumeria and i always know he will be there for me...unless he goes swimming and has a problem or two... : )

OK.. Ready to meet my new "Prince?"

He is a great swimmer and likes to swim late at night. I fist met him last year while he enjoyed my rock pond. He since grew up and now likes the pool. Late at night he takes a dip and when i come outside to visit my trees he used to jump back into the pool. He is now used to me coming outside and just sits where he is comfy and waits for any tasty treats that may come his way... I will take some things out to him just to make him happy..

Meet my "New Friend.."

This is where he likes to "Hang Around..."

{{gwi:43331}}

This is it.... HERE HE IS....

He is always looking for his snack at night and he doesn't even care if i stand and watch!!! Sooooooo Cute!!!

{{gwi:10913}}

He is a big Bullfrog and he eats pretty well.. LOL..

{{gwi:10914}}

{{gwi:10915}}

Here are some other pics.. just for "FUN" : )

Lava FLow...

California Sally still looking great!!!

{{gwi:29978}}

Cutting of Elizabeth Thornton Lemon Drop rooted and ready to be potted up..

{{gwi:43330}}

Trees on my top deck.. They have really grown in the past few weeks.. The back fence is 8 feet tall. They are over that now..

Orange Passion

Love my Varigated Maya TKS Peg!!

a

DR's are in full bloom..

Babies still in the greenhouse...

{{gwi:43332}}

Once they come from the greenhouse..I put them outside in the "transition Area.."

I watch them for sunburn and stress... i may move them occaisionally since they are sensitive. Unlike the ones around the deck. They have acclimated well to the full sun.

This is the "girl" that has "junk in her truck.." LOL...

Take care everyone!!

I hope you like my new little fellow.. He is sooooooooo cute!!

Laura

Comments (22)

• houstontexas123
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

haha, about half way down your list i figured it was an animal of some sort lol

great looking plumies and desert rose.

• mjhuntingtonbeach
    11 years ago

Well your new friend is quite the dapper amphibious dude.

That is a great layout for plumeria you have, I wish I had that much space for my plumies. Your TLD looks great, full of flowers and just rooting, and based upon how mine grew, it will be a beautiful big mass of flowers in no time. :)

By the way, that Orange Passion is incredible, where did you get it?

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

Laura:
    What a handsome fellow he is! And so photogenic! What is his name? Did you try kissing him, just in case he is ACTUALLY a Prince in a frog's body? I am told this is a common occurrence... ;)

I love that Lava Flow! Great roots on the ETLD; how long ago did you start that cutting?
    Your plants all look so happy and healthy. I envy your forest and your amazing gardening skills! And your DRs are wonderful. Are they in the Gritty Mix too?

Rachel

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    11 years ago

Great story & pics!
    TLD is on my wanted list this year!
    Wish my DR's were blooming like yours.
    Lonnie

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    11 years ago

Rachel you beat me to it! I was going to suggest she give him a big kiss!

Wow Laura, great pics! You are about a month ahead of me. My DR is just starting to bloom. Lot's of inflos on it though. Finally found the secret to growing them. Somewhat dry, and WARM in winter and lots of sunlight. For me at least that means keeping it in a bay window over winter. I've killed so many I'm happy to be growing a big healthy one now.

Don't you just love Cal. Sally? Such large blooms (thnx B.)

Keep posting your pics. They are an inspiration to all who grow these things in pots.

dave

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

I was thinking it was a dog until I read the slug part!
    Where can we get such a protector for our plumies?
    I've noticed something has eaten some of my young leaves and I think a Bullfrog might help. ;)

-Robert

• kasiec
    11 years ago

Hi Laura - he is such a handsome dude and very photogenic. And your plumeria set up is super nice and tidy.

Kasie

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Guys And Gals!!!

HT...Thank you for everything. For the kind comments and for what you did the other day on the "other" forum. I just want you to know how much i appreciated all of the pics that you posted and i know the reason behind the particular pics that you chose. I was truly touched and you were the reason to make me smile.. Thank you! Your Plumies and dog, DR..etc are beautiful!! Mahalo. Life is to short...

MJ... "Dapper Amphiboius Dude" LOVE IT!!!! lol...
    He certainly is a good looking "Dude.." : ) He is enjoying the pool more than the rest of the family. I wouldn't be surprised if he sat on the furniture when noone is around.. smoking a cigar as well! LOL...
    ETLD is doing really well. My other tree is pushing three inflos now and should be opening in a few weeks. You have some real beauties!!! Love the shape of your trees. Gorgeous!!!

The Orange Passion came from Fuzzy. I really love this one too! The heat here really brings out the colors.. Thank You!!!

Rachel,
    I haven't given him a name yet..but i guess if i give him a kiss, i better start calling him something!! LOL... I am afraid if i do kiss him he might turn into something and run away..then i would have a problem again with my "Slugs.." I like him just the way he is right now : )

One "Prince" is all i need... : )

I started the cutting around the end of April.
    Thank you for all of your kind comments..You are so sweet!
    Oh.. All of my DR's are in the Gritty Mix. They really love this mix and love the Foliage Pro. I water them often and fertilize them once a week. Love your trees too! You do a great job as well... : )

Lonnie..Thank you!! ETLD is one to have in your collection. You will truly love the fragrance of lemons and the vigor of this tree will just amaze you! Even the stems feel like "Velvet" LOL.. I love this one...

Hey Dave.. Tks!! I hope all is well after that series of storms we had. Unbelievable... I can't wait to see pics of your DR and Plumeria this season! You MR is doing great and the originial inflo ( my first of the season) is still producing blooms and is going strong. I rooted two cutting and they were so easy.. Tks again for this "Monster." : ) I love it!!

CS is quite stunning and i will say that im hoping to see blooms as big as 6 inches this time. Bud had said that it can get as large as 6.5 inches.. Im crossing my fingers!! so far i have measured 5 inches. Thank you as well (B) for the cuttings. We are so lucky to have friends that continue to pay it forward... Mahalo!

Glad you like the pics..sometimes i feel like i post to many..glad to hear you enjoy them!! : ) Tks Dave!!

Robert..I agree, if i could find a couple more frogs..life would be wonderful!! I don"t think they like any other "bullfrogs" around their area.. but it would certainly help with the "slug" problem.
    Have you checked your trees at night for these critters?
    OOOoo NNooo.. i think that i am going to turn you into the kind that "inspects Tress at Night" with a flashlight or a "Headlamp" as some in Northern VA use!! LMAO... If i could send you some frogs..i would.. : )

Hi Kasie.. I do think he is a very handsome "Dude" LOL..
    Thank you for the kind comment on my trees. I try to keep them in order, but it still contributes to the "eye allergy" here at my house..LOL. I have a good supply of eyedrpos available at all times.. : )

Loved seeing your trees in the other thread.. They are beautiful!!

Take care,

Laura

• jandey1
    11 years ago

That is one handsome frog, and so cooperative about posing for pics! For nighttime shots, those are terrific, Laura.

Oh, and the flowers are also nice, hehe.

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    11 years ago

How about naming him Jeremiah?... Jeremiah was a bullfrog. :D

I still love that pic of your desert rose, the one with the "junk in the trunk". LOL

• nativec
    11 years ago

Laura- how precious is your Prince? I loved your post! I've never seen such a cooperative bullfrog... Must be true love...LOL

Your plants look fabulous as always! I always love your pictures.

Nicole

PS
    Did you ever get my email about Clare Corre?

Original Author
    11 years ago

"Was A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE..." Great song and good idea Kim!!! LOL... LIke the "FINE WINE TOO!" LOL...
    The funy thing is that she looked better last year..she is starting to "spread" this year!!! OH well...what to do with the "Junk" : )

Hey Jen.. He does pose for me now. He used to jump away when he would see me or even when he would feel the vibration on the deck when i would walk across the deck to go down by the pool. I guess he likes me now!! : )

Handsome thing he is...!!!

Hi Nicole... No, im sorry..i didnt receive that email. When did you send it? Im so sorry. Please send it again if you can!! Always like too hear from you!!!

I do love my "prince" : )
    LOL,,i think it is "True Love.." LOLOLOL

Thanks for the compliments on the trees.

LJ Metallica will be opening soon... SO excited!!

Happy 4th Everyone!!!

Laura

• kandhi
    11 years ago

Laura, What a story, you can be good story writer! I enjoyed reading it and viewing the lovely pics. Your plumeria's are doing good in this heat. Keep posting.. I can only enjoy viewing them as my plumeria's are just showing with inflo's but no blooms yet..

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

The best I can find in my backyard is a toad and some lizards.

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Laura
    Your little man is adorable!! He looks very happy nestled in your plumie pot. I am sure he is keeping the bugs at bay.
    Your blooms are beautiful. I go back and look at all the bloom photos posted on this forum often. Keeps me hopeful lol
    I just love you DR with the junk in the trunk, the blooms are gorgeous. Keep posting pics I love them all, its something I look forward to some day :)

Take care
    Jackie

• pcput
    11 years ago

Love your new guy, Laura!!! At first I thought it was the one hanging on the DR pot. Maybe he hanging around cause he thinks he has a chance with that one. LOL I guess he knows who rings the dinner bell. Cute !!! Peg

• nativec
    11 years ago

Happy 4th everyone!

Laura I resent both emails. So sorry you didn't get them :(. I wrote back in mid June.

I'm so excited about your JLM getting ready to bloom! Grab the camera I'll be here waiting :)

Nicole

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Laura - it's always wonderful to find yet another friend to share your interests!

He's so cute. That pic of him looking up is priceless! Like he is taking a good long whiff of plumeria fragrance!

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

LOL... fantastic post! At first I thought he was fake... then I noticed the different poses. :)

He is pretty handsome! I better not show to my DD or she will want one!

• tapla (mid-Michigan, USDA z5b-6a)
    11 years ago

Have you read "The Little Prince" by Antoine de St Exupery? It's my all-time favorite book - no frogs in it though. {{gwi:10897}}

I even use the Little Prince as my avatar on the Figs 4 Fun Forum.

Cool pictures all, Laura. As usual, everything looks top notch - great work!

{{gwi:13163}}

{{gwi:561}}

{{gwi:13161}}

{{gwi:4839}}

Moon frog
    {{gwi:13160}}

Not quite the same as a real live one, is it? ;o)

See ya!
    {{gwi:3289}}

Al

• nativec
    11 years ago

Bullfrogs may prove to be as addictive as plumerias...LOL.

Tapla-I love the pics!

Nicole

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hello EVeryone,

Hi Kandhi... SO nice to see you!! How is your Psycho doing? I know your trees will produce this year as always.. You always have such beautiful containers too! I always enjoy seeing your pics. Tks for posting on my thread. i hope you are doing well in this heat. Did you have power problems from the storms?

K...I know that you have more than frogs and lizards in your back yard... I have seen pics of your beautiful girls and gorgeous trees! : ) So you have lots of wonderful things in your backyard!!! : )

Jackie...I do think he is a handsome guy!!! He just loves to sit and watch for his dinner!! Thank you for the kind comments!! I am glad you like the pics. It is fun to share when everyone loves to see each others trees. Sometimes we have other pics to share.. "My Prince...!" lol.. I will have to check on him in a few minutes... we have a time to meet at night. LOLOL. ALways nice to see you. How are your cuttings doing? DR? Did u ever find any Tuber roses? I need to buy some especially if thry are tht fragrant. Bill had mentioned them to me when i wa in his year, but i forgot about them and i need to buy some... Where did u get yours?

Hey Peg... Maybe that is why he decided to come and check on my trees. He probably saw the frogs hanging off the sides of ome of my pots. LOL... He certinly knows where to find fresh "slugs.." He really watches the trees for these little critters.. I think he is a "keeper" : )

Hey Nicole,

I received the pic today.. Oh my what a beauty!! I think i could be in love with this beauty too! We do have the same taste in color ... OMG.. What is a girl to do? : )
    I am going to work and my JL Metallic is about to open. What a problem... i really want to see this baby open. Do you think they will let me be late for a couple of days? LOL.. No chance.. I will take pics when i get home and i hope they will be beauties!!! I can't wait!!

Hi Mona.... He is smelling as he is watching for the next meal.. I do like to go outside and look for him. I even have my DH looking in the skimmers just to be sure he doesn't get in any trouble while im gone.. I think everyone here at the house likes this little guy!!

It is always nice to have someone who shares the same interest.. I do agree! Love it!!! : )

Hi No Clue... He is real... lol i always heard him, but i couldnt get close for a long time. He was so shy.. I have no idea why he decided to finally relax when i came around. I guess he realized that i didn't want any of the slugs... LOL.. Does your DD like frogs? I really like them too!

Hi Al!! So nice to see you!!

I have read the "Little Prince" I just love Antione de St. Exupery. I have several of his books and i just love them!!! I really like the Avatar too! How cute is he? Since the little Prince took care of his "flower" this seems right tht my frog should be called "The Little Prince" He is the caretaker of the tree and wants to keep her safe... i think this is the right name for my little man!! I knew you liked frogs, but i didnt realize you had that many!! LOL.. thank you for making me think of the new name for my frog... Now, i really am going to go and check on my "Little Prince" to see if he is watching out for the flowers... You have me thinking of this wonderful author.. Love all of your frogs and your yard looks beautiful!!! Even though it isn't a "rose" it can still be a "Plumeria" that he loves.. and takes care of... I just love this little man!!! Thank you for making me think of him again!!!

Thanks for the pics and for bringing up the Avatar of the Little Prince. He is a wonderful little man!!!

Nicole... They certainly are addicting!! LOL But i only have roome for one "Little Prince" LOL.. I think they like to keep the area clear from any other Bullfrogs,, but i would love to see more around my area.

Today, i discovered another frog.. i think he is a tree frog.. Not sure if he is poisonous or not.. so i just left him alone and took a pic..

You my dear, are making me think of that beautiful bloom... LOL..

Here is the other frog..just for you frog lovers!!!
    {{gwi:1180299}}
    {{gwi:10907}}

He is only about an inch lng... Likes to hide in the shade of the containers.. In the first pic you can tell how small he is...

Thanks Everyone!!!

Take Care,

Laura

These are for the DR lovers here... : )

{{gwi:41867}}

The girl with the "junk.."

Babies...

Night!!

Laura