Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rooting record!

Posted by daogirl SoCal 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 15, 14 at 0:30

Not a speed record, I'm afraid. However, after 17 months, 2 large cuttings of mine have finally rooted, and are growing like crazy. Just goes to show that most of the time, these plants want to live!! I almost threw them out, they were so wrinkled.

I have another troublemaker that's going on 12 months. Root nubs, somewhat wrinkled, but still firm. I'm thinking about grafting this one, since it started to grow, stopped, and has done nothing for months and I'd rather not lose it. Anyone know a skilled grafter in So Cal? Otherwise, I may send it to Luc at FC. I'm trying my first grafting experiments myself right now, but I'd rather have a skilled person handle this one!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rooting record!

hi Daogirl!

Have you asked Mike Atkinson or. Cesar Monrel.. They are close to you and are knowledgeable about grafting...Hao is another..... Diane Gottie has some torturials as well on grafting.. It is quite easy.. I did it!! Yes!! Lol!!!

Luc passed a year ago and Tex and Carol are doing all of the grafting. So they can still help you... Are you on FB! If you are, ask at "growers"

Good luck!!!

Laura

o

Thanks, Laura. I'll ask Mike or Caesar on FB.

I did know about Luc, too - just a brain short-circuit, apparently. It's too bad I couldn't make it to the SCPS meeting - I could've asked for advice in person from Tex!

o

BTW- I just sent you a friend request on Facebook, too!

-Hollis

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here