Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria Rot

Posted by jamielynnej none (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 8, 11 at 1:08

I have had my Plumeria a little over a year, and I came home one day to find my cutting out of the pot and de-rooted. I want to save this plant, but it seems that it has rotted and I'm not sure what to do to save it! Please give me any insight/help that you can! Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria Rot

Hard to tell, but it looks like it had black tip and then maybe too much water at the root zone since it wasn't leafed out. If it's not too desicated, you could try to cut off the lower rotted portion, let it dry for a week and then try rooting again. Make sure to put it outside where it is warm, but protected from rains. It looks pretty shriveled though. Maybe others can help more.

o

If this was mine, I'd cut off the bottom rotted portion (cut until you don't see anymore brown rot inside the trunk). I'd do the same with the tips, cut down until you see healthy tissue inside. Dip the cut bottom into rooting powder, let the branch dry for 1-2 weeks, then plant in fast draining soil and set it in a warm place. Water only once when planting, then don't water again until leaves appear.
Good luck!

o

What should I use to cut it? I'm not a plant expert, this is my first attempt! :)
And rooting powder can be found at Lowes? Thank you!

o

I'd just use a pair of garden shears (clean blades with alcohol). The rooting powder ("rooting hormone") can be found at any Lowe's, Home Depot or Armstrong where the fertilizers are.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here