Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Seeds mailed out today!!!

Hello Everyone!!!

I mailed out several envelopes today.. YEA!!! I had to help some of the pods open.. Nails.. Lol!!!

Here are the initials of the envelopes sent out...

MG aka CG. ;-)

DP
MJ
MV
MB
TC
MP
KB
BT
ML
CA
JR
SW
ME
SK
LB

There are no seeds left... I'm sorry!! I did send to all that requested them. Some were limited. Like the Possible VV.

Take care,

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 1:56

Comments (28)

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

Laura, I want to be the 1st to tell you today, that you freakin ROCK!
    What an angel you are!
    There are soooooo many wonderful people on this forum, I'm glad I found it!

So tell me, do you polinate by hand, or do you just have a ton of humming birds in your garden? Either way, I bet you have a bunch of humming birds in your garden.....lol

Peace & happy growing,
    Jason

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Sweet! Thank you so so so much Laura! Will let you know when they arrive! Thanks again! :)

Mark

• blackwillow87
    10 years ago

Thanks so much Laura! :-)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lol... Thanks Jason!!!!

No, I don't hand pollinate at all.. Mother Nature works her own magic so I just let her do what she wants!!! I do have a lot of Sphinx Moths that come around at night, so I think they are the polinators in my yard. Bees too!
    I also Have some Hummingbirds, but they like certain flowers and have a patern which they stick too. If I were a betting woman, I would put my money on the Moths...

If I get any pods on my California Sunset or my Desert Sunrise.. I wonder what they will be like... They are right beside each other blooming right now.. The only other on the top deck is ETLD. She is on the opposite side. HMMMMM? Wouldn't that make a nice seedling?

Have fun you guys and gals!!!

You are more than welcome Jason.. ;-)

Mark... My pleasure!!!!!

Black willow... ;-). Ditto!!!

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Thu, Jul 18, 13 at 11:03

• chuy415
    10 years ago

So excited Laura!! Thanks a million!! :0)

Chuy

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    10 years ago

That's great news. I can't wait to get them an I will make sure I document your babies grandma Laura LOL!! :P

Oh yes a DS x CS would make beautiful baby plumies. *swoon*

• johnsonm08
    10 years ago

Thank you! I can't wait to get them started.
    Mike (MJ)

• mimalf
    10 years ago

I just found this thread. Thank you sooo very much Laura!!! I will keep you updated too!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Thanks! I am so excited to start seeds. I have some that still have not made it in the pots, just got too busy. Off tomorrow and already have everything ready to go.
    Tally HO!

• johnsonm08
    10 years ago

I got them today in WI !!!
    They are already floating.
    Thanks again.
    Mike

• senjanevada
    10 years ago

Laura.... I love youuuuuu

Received the seeds today. Thanks a lot.

It's a special delivery. Mr. Postman came today for the second time, to deliver your package.

Thanks for the ids on it as well.

I do appreciate your works and generosity.

Happy gardening. Have a wonderful week-end.

Meli

• blackwillow87
    10 years ago

I received the seeds today Laura. Thanks so much for you generosity! I'll keep you updated on their progress. :-)

Cameron

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    10 years ago

Just posting to say I also received mine too. Thanks! I will plant them soon and hopefully I will get some good results. :)

• ssk22 Ohio 5b
    10 years ago

I received the seeds today Laura....thanks so much. You are clever.,no return address so I could send postage.. Thanks again
    Sharon

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Got mine, too. Thanks, Laura!

I always do best with seed by starting them in paper towels so that is the route (or root?) I will go this time. Can't wait to see them germinate!

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

My seeds came today. Laura, you are a Super Star! Thank you soooooooooo much! If I can ever figure out how to pollinate my plants, ill send you some in return...... ;)

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

Laura, mine arrived too. And, I WILL figure out how to get some pollinated one day. I'm determined....

And now since I know what I was doing was doing wrong with the cuttings (watering too soon), I feel much more confident about what I'm doing.

Anyway, now to figure out how I'm going to sprout these seeds... Excited...

Thank you again, Laura!!

~Bob

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone !!

I want to address each and everyone of you , but I'm using my cell in the hotel room. I don't have a good wifi connection. So it will be later.
    Bob asked me a out the picture of the "possible V V" so I will bump that thread for you Bob. I'm sure you will do fine in rooting.

Peg has a great way of rooting hers. I'll send her an ema to see if she will attach a link for you. Kim and Emily also had a great thread a out seedlings. Ok. I'm tired. When I'm on this cell. I'm probably makin alot of mistakes. Oh well. It was a hot day in the east. 115 degrees on the Tarmac in PHL. Arrgggh!!!

Look for the bumped thread , bob.

Take care.

Laura

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Laura, I just got the seeds in the mail today! They are so beautiful little wingy thingies. :)

Thank you sooo very much!! Have a great weekend!

Mima

• pcput
    10 years ago

There are all kinds of ways to start seeds but this is how I floated them.

Here is a link that might be useful: seed float

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

The link won't open, saying that the "You may not edit another member's clippings." I'm interested in seeing how you might do this...

I've been successful so far just starting them using the paper towel method. So, this isn't a big deal, but I'm always looking for new ideas here.

:)
    ~Bob

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello Everyone!!!

Glad you all are receiving your seeds!!!

I will contact Peg about the link, Bob!!! :)

Sammie.. I sent you an email.. im sorry out of seeds, but I may have something else.. Check your email...

Chuy!!! You are more than welcome... I sent you a text.. check it and let me know.. K?

Hi KIm!!! Maybe you can leave a link to your old thread when you and Emily started seeds? It might help the new people.. ;) You are more than welcome.. I can't wait to post a pic of the Desert Sunrise and the California Sunset taken today.. you wont believe the change in color.. Heat this week here in the east has been extremely HOT!!!
    :Glad you received yours!!!

Mike (MJ)I am so glad you' re happy!! Good Luck!!

Mima.. Have fun with them!!! II am glad they arrived.. YOU have a great weekend too! ;-)

Tally.. I am sure you will have success.. You will probably just stick them in the ground and they will grow ...LOL

I do the same thing..

Meli... LOL Thankk you for the "LOVE" ;-) to cute!!

Cameron... You are welcome as well!!! Good Luck!!!

Mona.. I know you will have no problem!! Good Luck!! Nice to see you back!!

Jason.. Awesome!!! Sounds like a plan!! Love the sound of the Scarlet cross.. ;) They will be beautiful!! Good Luck!!

Bob.. You are more than welcome too! I will get Peg to repost the link for you. I tried too and there is a glitch..

I talked to her yesterday and she was so kind to post..

THANK YOU PEG!!!

HUNGRY? Sushi? MMMMmmmmmmmmmm!! ;-)

Have a good night everyone!!

Laura

• pcput
    10 years ago

Thanks Bob. Here they are again.

• pcput
    10 years ago

Laura - we were posting at the same time "LOL" (us night owls)
    Always hungry "Yummmmm" :)
    Peg

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Received seeds in mail yesterday! Thanks again! I planted seeds from K and my co-worker last week and will plant these tomorrow. I spent today putting more rooted plants into the ground after the rain finally stopped. Hopefully all this rain will encourage them to start blooming.
    That is one advantage to living on a sub-tropical barrier island, high humidity and heat are perfect for starting seeds and cuttings. We`ve had a lot of rain and the garden has gone nuts, you can barely walk in some places. Time to break out the cutters.
    Tally HO!

• blackwillow87
    10 years ago

Two Leela and one Vera verde seeds sprouted after 4 days. I'm a proud parent right now :-)

• cocoabeachlorax
    10 years ago

Laura, Your babies are safely nestled in their beds next to their slightly older siblings (just sprouted). Thank you ever so much ! I'll keep you posted on their progress.

Susie

• sammie124
    10 years ago

Thank you so much Laura! I'm so excited, I cannot wait (:

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!