Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stenopetala - what a scent on a tiny flower

Posted by SimiDude none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 8, 13 at 1:30

Stenopetala finally opened, a little spidery flower from Cuba with a large wafting scent. No-Clue, I immediately thought of you and your love of scents. Got the plant this spring, grafted (in nature, it's vine like). It was only about 6 inches tall, so I certainly didn't expect flowers this year. But there you go! This is a very unusual and special plumeria.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stenopetala - what a scent on a tiny flower

Oh, and here's a pic of the plant and the flower before it opened. The whole thing is less than 8 inches tall.

o

Simi,
Very nice!!!.. Its a profuse bloomer, and is a vine bush. I have mine running up and on 2 different plumeria trees as it is kind of Wild when it gets large. Ive had mine since its intro @ FC in 2005. I am considering getting rid of it as its a bit much to work with. There is a tree version that Brad @BBB sells, I believe its a cross between Stenopetala and Pudica..

Thanks for sharing
Cheers

o

Freak, that sounds awesome! If you do decide to get rid of it someday and want to sell it, let me know, I've got some nice spots to enjoy it from!

o

I love it! So delicate and what a beautifully sculpted flower. I tried a Steno. once but wasn't successful.

Congrats on your bloom!

Nicole

o

Thanks, Nicole, I appreciate it.

I misestimated the height - the plant is abut 13". Couple more flowers about to open.

o

Hi Simi!

How wonderful to have this fragrant tree close to your house for you and the dogs to enjoy!!!, ;-)

I agree. It must have a wonderful scent and I am
Sure your yard is truly a sight to see.

Congratulations on all of the hard work starting to show for you and your family!!

You certainly deserve this and much more!!!

Pssst. Can you smell it In The canoes? Lol

Take care!!

Laura

o

Laura, from the canoe you can smell the Firestorm and the butterfly gingers when you pass by. LOL. I got the canoe for rivers and lakes, but decided to practice in the pool. The dogs like it so much, though, that we haven't taken it out!

o

And maybe grape Koolaid - yes, Bill Moragne is almost ready to open for the first time!!! WOOOHOOO! I am so fidgety and excited about it, that I'm out there every 30 minutes with a flashlight. May sleep in the canoe tonight, just in case it opens overnight LOL I've been waiting for this one with great anticipation! (Greater than even usual!)

o

Flashlight in the night eh?

I know what that is like.

Do it all the time. Neighbors love me!! Lol

Can't wait to see Bill open for you!!! How exciting!!! ;-)

Enjoy your day !!!

Laura

o

Such a dangerous forum! This is why I haven't been on it in days. Laugh.
Congrats on your bloom!
Of course now I want one. ;)

-Robert

o

I know, Laura, I got the idea from you, LOL. Hasn't opened yet. Dang, I have to go to work. I have a webcamera though, I'll point it at Bill so I can check from work. Boy, this has gotten out of hand!

o

Simi,

What is this?!! Is this a Plumeria or what?? What fragrance? I want one! LOL

o

Too cool!

Robert, I know, this forum is too dangerous, I want one now. My CHAD is really severe this year (chronic horticulture acquisition disorder).
Tally HO!

o

Lynn, I thought of you as soon as it opened and the scent wafted out.

It's little, scrawny and vine-like - but it smells great!

o

Where did you get this cutie? I might have to get one!

o

Florida Colors. Grafted and rooted. It was so tiny when I got it in the spring that I thought that no way would it bloom this year.

o

you know what I like best about the above photo? POTTY PAPERS!!!!! you just solved a problem for me...

o

Lnorigb, No joke! Left over from housebreaking my dogs - it's amazing how useful they are with furniture and plants! Water without fear.

I am working on a little greenhouse, so someday the cuttings will be there. But I'm enjoying them now in the area where I work.

o

I'm so jealous! Mine has put out some nice growth but no flowers! It's start to droop so I might need to trellis it soon.

Here's a pic:

o

It's looking great! Hope you get flowers soon!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here