Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow leaves on plumie!

Posted by TheLoyalPlum 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 1:41

Quick curious question:

Is it normal for Plumeria to have old leaves turn yellow and fall off outside of dormancy season? There's definitely no signs of stress minus a few spots on the leaves. There's even new leaves growing! It's just me being a worry-wart. :)

Thanks ahead of time!
Spencer

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow leaves on plumie!

I'm having the same issue and worrying about it as well. I have a forum post on here as well. Does yours show similar symptoms as mine?

o

I pull yellow leaves off my plants on a daily basis. Some of them do it more than others... but as long as they're still putting out new growth, I don't worry about it.

Doug

o

Same here, Doug!

Loyal.. It is normal for trees to shed old leaves as it grows.. I walk around my trees everyday and pluck the yellow ones off.. It's all natural unless the whole tree starts to have yellow leaves. Thatbwould be a different issue.

One or two as it grows., nothing to worry about.. Think of all of the leaf nodes on the branch. Those were leaves.. They drop as the branch grows and produces new leaves..

Take care,

Laura

o

I think that most of use walk around and take them off daily. Just another chance to look at them and see if they have changed from the last time we have looked. LOL Now I find that I am watching for seedpods so far nothing. Barb

o

Mine does the same thing. Notice how on normal non plumeria trees there is just exposed bark, if there was leaves there they would be considered a bush. You can't see through a bush, a tree you see exposed branches. The leaves drop as the branches form.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here