Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Seeds will be available...

Hello Everyone!!!

My pods have opened except for two.. I think I will use the " nails" to open. Lol..

Here are the mother trees.. Remember to those that are just starting.

The seeds are from the mother tree and cannot be called the mother name.

I would call them.. " seedling of XXX". Only because you cannot truly have the same variety as the mother tree except from a cutting... However.. You can have some gorgeous new beauties that can come from these seedlings.. You could even name them yourselves one day with the PSA. That will take some time.. But it can be done!!

So happy to share.. All of you that have emailed me before I have you on my list..

I will take as many names until they are gone..

Here are the mother trees...

This is Psycho...

This is my unknown that was mislabeled from a place in Florida. ( Naples )

I love it and have heard that it looks like Vera Verde.. Since it isn't a cutting and I can't confirm.. I call it my " Possible VV"

My last seed pod... Leela. She is a beauty!!!

Hope you all have fun. ... Please keep us posted on how they do.. They are my babies... Lol

Have fun!!! ;-)

Laura

Comments (22)

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

Their are soo many generous people on this forum, I'm glad I found it. Laura, how can I get added to the list?

Thanks for your time & good karma!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi PlumeJunkie... Love that name!!!

Just click onto my page beside my name and you will see on the right hand side " send me an email.." Remember to include your email because sometimes the settings are not set up to send you a reply.. So it's a good idea to include your email if you would like. I just need your name and address.

I never share info or post real names on the forum, so no worries!!

You are more than welcome!!!

Thank you for the kind comment!!

Mahalo!!!

Laura

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hello everyone!!!

Just wanted to say that you can email me... Some of you all don't have the settings on GW to return an email... So when you do send me a message.. Just leave your name and address so I can send them to you..

That you all for wanting to send something.. But I have to many and DH will have those allergies start to act up again.. They are fine now, but the eye rolling could start up again.. Lol

I have plenty of envelopes too..

PlumeJunkie. ... I just need your name and address. !!!

Thanks!!

Laura

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi k. 319

I just received your email and I can't respond due to your settings...

Yes.. I have some left!! ;-)

Send me you full name and addy...

Thanks

Laura

This post was edited by loveplants2 on Thu, Jul 11, 13 at 12:15

• maark23 TX/8a
    10 years ago

Amazing flowers! Love your Psycho! I'll send some Visine!! Hahaha!

Can't wait! Thanks Laura.

Mark

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Laura!! Wow. Your "possible VV" and Leela have some amazing vibrant colors!!! So so excited!! ;). The psycho too is a cutie!! Thank you thank you thank you!! Can you tell I'm so happy ;0)

Chuy

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank You Mark and Chuy!!!

I also wanted to let you all know that I think they were pollinated with the two trees beside them... in bloom at the same time ... Desert Sunrise and California Sunset., They have to be beauties with those genes!!! ;-)

LOL.... yes, Chuy!! Im just as excited as you are.. I get great joy in doing this for everyone.. It was people here that helped me in the beginning and I will truly be thankful forever.. The friendships that I have formed thru the years are truly priceless.

You all know who I am talking about.. some don't like to be named, but I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the start up gifts and the time to help me and teach me.

Bud is another whom I adore and will be grateful to for life. He has a heart of gold...

James.. " How Ya Doing..." Mahalo!!

So many people.. I truly believe in paying it forward.. it is the right thing to do. Makes me just as happy to give..

Some even like Chocolate covered pretzels.. Broken ones!!! ;-)

All I ask is that you all help others.. This world we live in is sooo crazy and fast paced.. I even work in this fast paced industry and I just love coming home to see the trees and just relax...

Ok.. i'll stop. Have fun you guys..

I will start sending out seeds at the beginning of the week. I just cut the Leela pod tonight.. Yes, it is 230 am and I just arrived home from a trip , only to go and check on my trees for the last hour with my "handy dandy" flashlight!! ;-)

Someone even remembered that I had mentioned earlier in a post that I had a wizard pod.. She was correct!! ;-)

But... this tree fell over in a wind storm and the pod fell off and it wasn't fully developed.. It didn't look good so I tossed them ;-( I don't want to send out those seeds.. They wont be healthy.. so they went to the gods..

Have a good night everyone!!

Laura

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Laura, I already have in mind people who to give seedlings to as gifts when they are grown enough. I want to grow them to be strong enough to resist moving, and transplant, and whatnot. so maybe next spring they'll be ready to go to their new homes, I don't know yet, but I am sure I will find help here. To have seed pods and to give them away... it's a long distance dream for me. Always love to give, as you do!

Thank you again!

Mima

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Awwwww. Love this forum!! ;). My girls always tell me I'm so obsessed and laugh cause I talk to my plumerias.
    Yes I think I know who you're talking about Laura.

Chuy

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

LOL... Yeah Chuy I get the same thing from my wife... laugh and rolls her eyes when telling me I'm obsessed. I'm looking at or messing with my few that I have many times a day and she always knows where I'm at if she's looking for me.

And, the couple of seeds I have growing aren't growing fast enough.. heheh.

Must be patient.....

~Bob

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Bob- yes... The rolling of the eyes I get a lot too. I too have a few that I look at and mess with too. I want them to grow grow grow!! Lol

Chuy

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Great post. Glad I can participate in the pay it forward we do here. I learned it from Laura and think others have too. It certainly helps us become a better online community.

No eye rolls here.

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks K!!!

All of the "Possible VV" have been spoken for and will be limited in each batch.. ill give out as many of the others as possible...

I have Fourteen People on the list and I will say that there are no more.. Sorry... ;-( I can't except anymore request for seeds...

Thanks to all that have emailed and shown interest..

Im waiting on two pods to open and then dry.. so it will be early next week..

Thanks again!!!

Laura

Original Author
    10 years ago

Bump for bob!!!!

;-)

Laura

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

My "Possible VV" seeds popped up!

Now.... Give me a couple of years and we'll get to see if the colors match up, or if I get something new... Lol

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Only one of my Leela seeds sprouted and yesterday, while I was mist-spraying them like I usually do, the top of it just fell down! No signs of anything wrong with it, just the top with the wing still attached fell on the soil. Why, oh why???? Any chances to have new leaves growing from the remained tiny little green stem? :((

This post was edited by SagoLover on Sat, Aug 24, 13 at 15:48

• Minderella
    10 years ago

I think you will get the real leaves from it.

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

Sago - I'm not sure if it will leaf out or not. I've had something similar before and the stem just shriveled up.

3 of my 5 Leela seeds germinated just fine and are doing well with the exception of one that does not want to let go of it's little coat. :) It's been a bit cool some nights. I've tried using my nails to gently pry it off but it's stuck like glue.

• chuy415
    10 years ago

No luck on mine yet :(. No sign either. ;(
    Still hopeful. :-/

Chuy

• mimalf
    10 years ago

I usually spray mist the wing when the seedling is not that small anymore - a week after germination, then with the wing wet it's easier to remove it from the plant. If it's not working, just leave it until next day then try again. It will come off eventually.

Minderella, I surely hope it'll get leaves!

Moonie, I hope it will not die on me!.... :(

Mima

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    10 years ago

So far out of the 3 Vera Verdes, only 1 sprouted. It took about 1 month to do so.

Also if I want to get the seed coat off, I spritz it several times to get it wet & soft, then I carefully take tweezers to sleep what I can off.

• mimalf
    10 years ago

Me too Kim. I wasn't even trying yet for the little Leela seedling. Usually I let them grow a bit more and the cotyledons kinda showing from below the wing for me to try removing the wings off them. But I water spray them daily because it's so hot and dry here. Hopefully more seeds will sprout. Especially because Leela was the one my baby daughter planted and she's so sad now that her seedling is not doing so well.

Mima

This post was edited by SagoLover on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 16:07

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio