Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Singapore Blooming

Posted by musaboru (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 23, 10 at 4:25

Got this in bud about two weeks ago from Californiahoya on eBay. It opened two days ago and the flower is still good looking...! Smells a lot like Clorox Wipes (lemon scented) but not very intense compared to other flowers like oriental lilies or dianthus. I thought this is suppose to be one of the most fragrant plumeria but I am disappointed here. The flower, although plain in color, has a wonderful shape to it that I adore.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Hong Kong

Here is 'Hong Kong' which I find smells nicer but the flowers aren't as pretty. Most of the inflo had fallen off from stress but this flower survived.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o
RE: Singapore Blooming

I don't know about this, but is there any chance the flowers will smell differently once the plant is established, growing and has its full energy? Just a thought.

o

I heard the same thing. I just really got into plumerias this year and was told the same thing. The age of the tree and it's maturity will come into play in regards to the flower's color and fragrance, maybe even the flower's size too. Still looks nice!
Andrew

o

I sure hope the scent becomes better as the plant ages. All this hype about fragrance and I can still find daylilies that have stronger scents than my plants. Maybe I need to visit Hawaii where the tropical island breezes make them smell better lol.

Here's my friend's Pacific Pearl that we got at Home Depot and the scent is better than the previous two I posted. Strange thing is it has 6 petals, which I find ironic since my 'Hong Kong' has only 5 petals when it should normally have 6 petals also.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Wow Great flowers. I just planted a tiny 1" cutting from a singpore frangipani. Thanks for the inspirational pix.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here