Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
uk999

No watering for a month is it OK for plumeria?

UK999
10 years ago

Hi All,

I am a newbie here , also I am new to plumeria planting.

I have growth plumeria for a year and haft , never leave them unattended.

I hope that someone can come across to my question.

I live in the UK which is in summer time at the moment and the weather is quite nice warm and Hot sometimes during the day. My plumeria are enjoying full sun so much in the past 2 weeks I can see significant grows and very healthy.

However, what I'm concern is the weather in the UK is changeable, warm during the day 20-30c at the moment and cool at night around 10-15c

I'm so worried as I'll be going away for a month. I have no idea what should I do with my plumeria ( I have 1 large pot 1/1.5 year old in 20'' pot and another 6 of babies 4'' pots which only 3 months old )

My question is >> Should I leave them in the house by south facing ( as I always do in the winter ), no water of course or should I leave them outside on decking with full sun all day but no water for a month as well, but I wish, it would be raining sometimes to give them refreshment if I leave them outside all the time.

But also I worried about slugs and strong wind if I leave all my pots outside ,as we have slugs a lot when the weather get wet , windy and damp.

What's best solution please ? I need your advice.

I'm sorry if my question sound like non sense.Please, forgive me as i am new to plumeria planting and I just want to learn from a person idea or experience, not from google alone. :)

Thank you in advance everyone.

Comments (4)