Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria stenophylla seedling

Posted by karyn1 7a (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 7:31

This doesn't look much like the rubra seedlings I've grown. It's also a much slower grower. I started this one about 5 or 6 months ago. My rubras would be at least twice the height and much thicker stemmed, not to mention the needle like foliage. The mature tree I took the pod from had narrow leaves but they did look similar to a rubra. The pod was similar to a rubra but thinner and the seeds were a bit thinner with a shorter wing. I wonder how long this will take to look like a mature plant? I got the pod when I was in the Cayman Islands this past winter. The trees were at least 30' tall. Does anyone grow this variety?
plumeria stenophylla seedling
plumeria stenophylla seedling

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria stenophylla seedling

That's really interesting Karyn, I've never seen that variety! It's so different, very cool! What do the flowers look like?

o

The blooms were very similar to a regular plumeria. The petals were a bit thinner and a little longer. These were from a white flowered tree. I don't know if stenophylla comes in any other colors or not. It wasn't that this was such a wonderful plumie. It's just that I was in the Cayman's and the pods were there. I collected a huge variety of seeds there. Like other tropical areas, many of their weeds are our nursery plants.

o

• Posted by labland Inland Valley CA9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Aug 2, 12 at 23:00

They also have an awesome scent!!! Keep us posted, I have always wanted one, but don't inow how well they grow compared to rubra and obtusa. Jennifer

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here