Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stormys_mom

Kms2 Honneybunny and Jen

stormys_mom
11 years ago

Recieved my seeds yesterday!!! Thank you all soooo much!

Your very generous

Jackie

Comments (24)

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you have a wonderful journey with them! Keep us posted.

Jen

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Great to hear. Per Eulas Stafford...the very small seeds came from a plant which he beleives to be called "Red Rose"

Its the one in my "Dang" post which is distorted and bent...but it didnt loose any branches or inflos.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

I gave Jen my seeds, she shared with everyone. You don't have to thank me. She's the one that went out of her way to mail them to everyone. Heck I tried to mail seeds and they were returned by the post office. Barbra

• beachplant
    11 years ago

Barb, you sound like me! I had the postmaster show up at the house one day when water plants I was mailing decided to leak. Scared the hell out of me. This was at the height of the anthrax scares and all mail was being closely watched. They still tease me about that at the po.
    Tally HO!

• TruNorth7
    11 years ago

I got my seeds Friday! Thank you all SOOOO much! I am super excited to start this new chapter of plumania!

Rachel

• jandey1
    11 years ago

K, you mean the really, really tiny "could these even be seeds" bits or the small dark ones of the forgotten-name red? 'Cause IINM, Red Rose (or is it Rose Red?) is quite desirable for its rose scent and hard to come by because it's tough to root.

Or maybe I'm just totally confused and this post should be disregarded as the mumblings of an addict...

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Maybe he said rose red. It had those two words but I do not warranty the order. I showed him a very clear picture and described it and he went to his photos and pointed it out. I even called my friend who gave it to me and the best he could remember is it came from a guy in Corpus Christi.

I don't remember it being hard to root which doesn't say much. Its a good bloomer, but still leggy. I will go and check for scent. I am not the best sniffer so no guarantees there. Its going to be a major target for
    me to prune in the spring so lets see how hard it can be to root.

this is the only picture of it I have uploaded right now.
    {{gwi:1182495}}

• Andrew Scott
    11 years ago

Hi Kms2,
    Whatever that red is it is a beauty! You sure are lucky to have it. Would love to rummage thru your clippings after your prune it back! LOL! Just kidding.

Congrats on a true beauty!
    Andrew

• stormys_mom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Very much a beauty!!! Thanks again!!! You guys are awesome :)

Jackie

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Anybody have germination yet?

I planted my seeds the week everyone else got theirs, then let them get rained on for three days and, lo and behold, Gladys O'Neal is sprouting, nearly every seed.

Jen

• stormys_mom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jen
    So far 4 Gladys sprouting!!!!!! Yay She is a beauty. Hope the lil seeds sprout, that red is amazing, to get anything even close to that would be sweet

Jackie

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

I started my seed this past Tuesday, some in gritty mix, some in perlite and some in float boats. 2 of the floaters germinated today. Both are mystery seeds.

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Hi Jen, I have been putting off this post hoping to have good news; however, (I am embarrassed to report) not one seed germinated. Thanks again for your generosity. Good luck to everyone else who was sent seeds. Keep us updated and I'll enjoy yours.

Bill

• elucas101
    11 years ago

cessna, if you would like to try again send me an email and I'll be happy to send you some more seeds. Anyone else interested let me know! I have too many and I think my germinating season is closed LOL!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

cessna - I haven't gotten germination either except on 2 of the floaters and then they rotted. I have one Gladys O'neal that is sprouting but that's it!

Looks like we suck! :)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Gladys O'Neal rules! You will love her. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    11 years ago

Carol from Florida Colors wanted that seed pod, I decided to give it to Gen, she shared it with everyone, You have been given a gift. Barbra

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    11 years ago

Hey, since we're all sharing :) ... I only had one seed germinate so far (one of the NOIDs). There are a few more that I haven't given up on yet. I did the H2O2/ST/water papertowel soak, then transplanted the seeds into little containers of perlite/vermiculite and tried to keep them warm and give them light. I got frustrated, though, with how badly I did with this batch that I ordered some cheap seeds from BBB. I did the floating/styrofoam method for the BBB seeds, and after 48 hours, several are already germinating!! I'm thinking about transplanting the un-germinated seeds from the first batch in there as well and see what happens.

Thank you, Jen, Barbra, and kms for being so generous - as frustrating as this stuff gets sometimes, I love a good challenge, and it makes success (when it finally happens) that much sweeter!!

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Honey, I know that was a very sweet gift; that is what makes me feel worse.

daogirl, that was the process I used.

Moonie, I share your feeling.

I took elucas on her offer to try again; I am hopeful

• jandey1
    11 years ago

I'm sorry to hear some of you had trouble with the seeds! Couldn't hurt this time of year to put them in a very sunny spot to see if maybe they don't come up later.

If any more seeds become available I'll post again. Don't give up!

I ended up with only one mystery--probably red--come up, but five Gladys did germinate and are well on their way with true leaves.

• elucas101
    11 years ago

None of you should feel embarrassed or like failures AT ALL!!! It's like riding a bike - it's tricky to get the hang of it but once it starts happening it will flow. Sometimes you still have mishaps, but then you just blame it on the seeds LOL!

Seriously though, we've all been there and we know how it feels to have your hopes dashed, but you CAN do this and you will do the happy dance!

I would also like to thank Jen, Barbara and Kms2, they are very generous and kind in helping others and they have helped me tremendously with offers of help in one way or another - Thanks you guys! :)

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    11 years ago

Disappointing to hear the mixed results so far. The good news is I saw about 8-10 seed pods forming on various plants.

• stormys_mom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have 4 Gladys up and one mystery. No red at all. But ya know what Cessna there is always another try. Do not be discouraged. We have to learn and this is how we do. We have all these people ready willing and able to give us the answers that work for them. We are in all different zones so we have to figure out what works for us. You will do fine. I didnt give up and I have killed cuttings, LOL
    Now get that chin up and plant those seeds. You will get it, trust me if I can germinate seeds so can you :)
    Ok now who has red seeds lol

Jackie

• cessna_175
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the encouragement.

Jen, I have them in a good spot and am still hopful

Jackie, I will give it another try. Emily was kind enough to offer some of her babies.

I have been stalking this forum for a few months and can't believe the information found here that is not anywhere else.

Bill

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!