Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropic_7

*~*~*~* Aloha Friday *~*~*~* Aztec Gold Plumeria

Tropic_7
11 years ago

Happy Aloha Friday!

One of my most favorite for scent reminds me of the beach with it's famous suntan lotion floral scent! Like Hawaiian Tropic!

This tree is ever blooming and an inflo can last for over a month! Used to decorate King Kamehameha in Hawaii because of it's lasting qualities. Yes it's a common flower but one worth having because of it's easiness to grow and enjoy!

Aloha Friday! Stuart

Here is a link that might be useful: If you enjoy Hawaiian Music you can listen live 93.5 KPOA

Comments (15)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    11 years ago

Beautiful pics! Thank you for sharing.
    Wish there was a scratch and sniff option. :)

-Robert

• kasiec
    11 years ago

If I can only have one plumeria, it will have to be Aztec Gold. I love every thing about it. Thanks for sharing.

Kasie

• pcput
    11 years ago

WOW !!! I wonder how many blooms that is. I too wish I could smell it. Thanks Stuart. Peg

• joanr
    11 years ago

Stuart,

Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures with us. What a wonderful way to start a Friday morning - with pictures of Aztec Gold. It truly is a beautiful plumeria.

Joan

• plumie_girl
    11 years ago

Stuart,
    Your pictures are beautiful! Love the one at night. Aztec Gold was one of my first plumerias and I love it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jan

• Tropic_7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Robert, - I thought it would be great to share how this flower is used in Hawaii, not many people know who collect plumeria.

Kasie, - This should be an easy one to find!

Peg, - It's that a sight? I'm sure thousands and thousands of blooms!

Joan, - Thank you for your kind words, Sharing is apart of ALOHA and that's what we do a lot of on this board!

Jan - Thank you, the first 3 photos are of my own including the night shot, there's such a wonderful quality to this flower!

Here is a link that might be useful: If you like Hawaiian Music here's a link to my favorite station 93.5 KPOA ALOHA!

• jandey1
    11 years ago

Stuart, I am digging this Aloha Friday thing! Fantastic photos! What a sight to see the leis on King Kamehameha.

• Tropic_7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey I found some Mauna Loa Macadamia Nuts at Wal-Mart with Plumeria on the bag! LOL couldn't resist! I did a little bit of product placement with flowers out of my yard to look like an ad, a buddy of mine on flicker.com and I are photographing
    different foods and products with plumeria and tropical's

• stormys_mom
    11 years ago

Stuart
    Thank you for sharing. Like I said before, I think we all should just move to Hawaii. :)

Jackie

• No-Clue
    11 years ago

Stuart you make me want to hop in a plane NOW! I am going to run outside and sniff my Aztec Gold but I'm sure it's not the same. LOL...

Thank you for the photos. A feast for the eyes!

• beachplant
    11 years ago

gorgeous pics! I remember these growing all over the island when I lived there. It was always fun to watch them cover the king with plumeria leis.
    Tally HO!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

Stuart - wonderful photography! I particularly like the nighttime pic with the palms and stars as the backdrop. Those really long leis... I wonder how many people and how many hours it took to string those? If they needed to help, all they had to do was send me a plane ticket!

I can't wait for either of my AG's to bloom. Alas, they are new rooted cuttings this year but one can hope! :)

And just an FYI ... did you know Roseanne Barr owns a macadamia plantation in Hawaii? Who woulda thunk it? LOL

BTW, don't forget the Dole Pineapple juice can with the plumeria on it.

• Tropic_7
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Moonie, Yes, Roseanne can be seen in Kona and up in the community of Volcano on the Big Island, you wouldn't know her if you saw her in public as she really likes her privacy!
    Her farm is 46 acres up on Honokaa Waipio Road in Honokaa/Hamakua, Hawaii. It's known as the Hidden Hamakua Farm
    and is north of Hilo and east of Waimea.
    I have plans to live in the Puna district south of Hilo in about 9 years. I have Family in Kona and they grow coffee of all things! LOL, Plumeria grow best in north Kona, but it's very expensive to live there! I travel to the Big Island every other year and it feels like home to me.
    Stuart

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    11 years ago

If you don't mind me asking, what are your aspirations for the future in Hawaii? Will we be buying our plumeria from you or perhaps waking to Stuarts brand in the morning? :)

I had to kind of laugh when you expounded on Roseanne. Her crazy show Roseanne's Gone Nuts, or whatever it was kept me entertained, but I have to admit to flipping the channel if someone else came into the room.

• irun5k
    11 years ago

Stuart- great pics and fully concur on Aztec Gold. I have definitely seen "leggy" examples online but most in our area seem to be really nice trees.

At the Green Thumb Festival this year I bought a cutting for 4 bucks- almost certain it is an Aztec Gold. I started rooting it in early May, below is how it looked this week. It had roots after about two weeks.

I hope your plan to relocate works out. We used to live on Kauai and I loved it... hope to move back someday. I would still be there but after the arrival of our keiki, my better half wanted to be closer to family. My answer to that was, Skype comes in high-def now :) lol

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH