Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

J -105 this morning...

J-105 has been blooming for a while, so i thought I would share a pick that I liked from this morning after the rain here in Virginia Beach!!

Have a great day!!

Laura

Comments (29)

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Laura, Very pretty. I sure like the shape of those flowers and the color of them. WOW!!! . Have a great day, Barb

• texasplum
    9 years ago

Love that orange center!!

• citizen_insane
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Great picture Laura.

George

• rox146
    9 years ago

I have 2 of these now and hope they bloom like yours. roxanne

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Barb!!! So kind... ;-). Every day they change.. I'll take one pic, then another.. This morning the rains came during the night. I had to take this one...

Texas.. Good eye!! ;-). It does have a orange center.. It's so hard to capture on my iPad. Mahalo!!

Thank you George!! Much appreciated!! This has been one that I can look at everyday and see something different.

Roxanne.. Lol. Love that you have two!! This is one that I would have two of as well.. I hope you see blooms soon!! You have a great spot that your Plumeria can thrive.. Paradise!! ;-)

Have a great night!!!

Laura

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Laura, I do that also go out each morning and take more pictures. I have so many pictures because they change so much in a short period of time. Now if I could just get some of the ones with really different leaves to bloom. Enjoy your night, Barb

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    9 years ago

That's really nice Laura. What is the growth habit like of J105? Gangly? Compact? Good bloomer for you? You seem to post photos of it each year.

Really nice deep colors on that one.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Barb... Lol. I think a lot of us do the same.. Well, maybe!! They are so beautiful. I love to take pics.. They do change everyday...

You enjoy your night as well!!!

Dave!! My J -105 is a great bloomer for me.. Not compact, but it did branch into three branches .. I have inflos on all three right now. It really is a profuse bloomer for me and very fragrant. It is so deep in color right now.., some days a little lighter then it changes back to a deep coloration. I wouldn't say its a lanky tree, but it is a about four feet tall and has a great shape.

I love this one.. It does great in our heat..

Take care,

Laura

• mjhuntingtonbeach
    9 years ago

Laura,

Wow, what are your temps there now? Here in CA my J-105 is much lighter, not the rich colors you have but the lows have been in the 60's at night, today tipped the scales at 78 mid afternoon. Here is what mine looks like, not up to par with yours ;)

Mike

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Mike, It might not have the bright colors of Laura's but they are very pretty. Barb

Original Author
    9 years ago

Barb... You are so right! All colors are beautiful!! ðÂÂÂ

Mike. Yours is gorgeous.. It's not the beauty in the color, but what we see in the beauty of the bloom....

All colors are beautiful .. ðÂÂÂ. Love yours too!

We are having temps in the 90's. Night temps stay in the 70's. Humidity is very high as well.... We have had a few cooler days and I can see the change, then it warms up again and the colors depen .. I'm amazed at Mother Nature!

Please keep posting ... ðº

Laura

• nativec
    9 years ago

There is no way to go wrong with J-105 :) Stunning!

Nicole

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, Nicole!!!

;-)

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Fab coloring, Laura! Looove!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Both the East Coast and West Coast Versions of the J105 are beautiful. I have a 1 year old three tip cutting of it. I think it will bloom next year.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank Mona, K.....

;-)

Laura

9 years ago

I keep coming back to this one to take another look! Looks so tropical and balmy with the raindrops on it. Does it have any fragrance?

Original Author
    9 years ago

Dave,

This has a beautiful fragrance. Sweet floral to me.. But my sniffer isn't great explaining scents., when I get home, I'll do a smell test for you!! Lol..

Take care.. You would love this one... ;-)

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Laura, that is such an exquisite flower! Glad to know yours is fragrant, too, as advertised!

Dave, mine is a grafted plant I got about three years ago and hasn't bloomed yet. It has a moderate growth rate and fat branches. From what I hear it, like Gina, takes a while to get to blooming size and then blooms reliably.

They do have some of the best foliage of all the plumies, super thick leaves with a nice shape and position.

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    9 years ago

Here is my 105. It's been blooming since I picked it up, and has a great fragrance. Sorry Jen. I just couldn't leave it at your house until it opened. LOL
    This pic was mid June. Our temps have been at 100, and the reds are a lot darker now.

Lonnie

• mjhuntingtonbeach
    9 years ago

I'm wondering if my nose is the olfactory equivalent of red/green color blind. I get absolutely zero scent from my J-105 and also from other varieties that are supposed to have a fragrance, such as JJ's Tai Surprise, Temptation, Fools Gold. I also could never smell anything from a Samoan Fluff I had that is supposed to have a great fragrance, or a Pu'u Kahea that is supposed to have a light lemony scent, or J-4 that per Florida Colors' description also is said to have a nice fragrance.

On the other hand, I have no problem easily detecting and enjoying the scents of Thornton's Lemon Drop, Jeannie Moragne, Hilo Beauty, Wildfire, Divine, Scentsational, Ken Ames, Dwarf Deciduous, Nebel's Rainbow, or JJ's Inca Gold.

These distinctions exist for me whatever the weather here in So Cal, changes in temperature, humidity and day length seem to have no impact on my appreciation (or lack thereof) of each variety's smell.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

• Kimberly (6b Indiana)
    9 years ago

Beautiful Laura, I love the veining. :)

• georgecc
    9 years ago

Laura, incredible pic. Mike, Lonnie, you too! Doesn't have an exciting name, but it is a beautiful flower!

Original Author
    9 years ago

Hi Jen!!

Mine is very fragrant this year.. Not sure if its the deep coloration, but it sure does smell wonderful!!! You are right about the foliage.. Love this one!!

Lomnie.. great picture!! They are all beautiful!!!

Mike.. To funny. I think you have the same issue I have!! Some of them don't have a fragrance like others post. Example. My first Penang Peach that bloomed. It was very light and didn't have any fragrance. Then, The second Inflo opened and it was deeper in coloration form the heat and humidity. It was very fragrant. I think it has something to do with the heat, myself.. My sniffer isn't that great either, but some of these are so fragrant. J-105 is one of them!! Love it!!

Hi Kim,, missed you around here!! Nice to see you!! Hope you are having a nice summer!! Mahalo for the nice comment!! I love the veining too!!!

George.. Lol. Isn't it true.. Some one asked me why " J -105". ;-). Love this one and I love your picture too!! Thanks you for the nice compliments!!

Here is my tree yesterday...

Dave.. I took a picture of the whole tree for you if you would like to see it?

Take care!!

Laura

• jandey1
    9 years ago

Lonnie, I was sooo hoping you'd be delayed in picking it up, LOL! She's a great beauty!

Mike, there's a Summer Spice blooming for me for the first time--reputed to be a strong unique scent--and I can barely smell a thing from it. It could be your average temperature is a bit low for some of them to smell. It could be others will only smell at lower temps.

George, J-105's AKAs are New Shocking and Josie but they never stuck. Odd, right?

Laura, that's another stunning photo that puts some of the sellers' website shots to shame!

• puglvr1
    9 years ago

Wow!! You guys have some amazing flowers!!

Hi Laura, love the colors on yours!! Sent you an email...not sure if you got it? Thanks

9 years ago

Stunning photos!

• lazybonz
    9 years ago

Ooh, what beautiful flowers.
    I like the looks of both the east and west coast blooms.

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Jen!!

What a nice compliment. Wow!! Means a lot to me... ;-)

Dave.. Thank you !! I love this one too!! You need one!! Lol...

Lazybones. MAHALO!!

Nancy.. I did and I'm getting back with you.. I have been so busy working..

I'll get up with you soon.. I'm still figuring out where we can find one.. I'll be in touch. Texted with Mike.. ;-). Thank you for the nice comments...

Take care,

Laura

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County