Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cindy Schmidt plumeria

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 27, 11 at 10:14

I saw this plumeria on Ebay being auctioned off by 1 Stop Aloha. Opening bid $19.95.

Just curious if anyone has it(Bill I saw yours and it looks really nice.) and what they thought of it.

I have VERY limited space right now, and I want to save the space I have left for some really special plumerias.

I also have around 6 or 7 plumerias that I need to trade or sell because I have more than one of them. I am hoping that once I get rid of these, I can get more!

Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cindy Schmidt plumeria

andrew- I do not think you saw my Cindy Schmidt because I have not seen it bloom yet. You probably saw my Gloria Schmidt or my Cindy Moragne. Bill

o

I just got one a few days ago ... here's a picture:

I'm in So Cal (and it's hot here), so I'm not sure if it would look different where you are?

o

Hi Bill,
Sorry for the mistake but what do you think of it?

Hi Daogirl,
Yeah colors are harder to get here but when there small like most of mine are right now, I can keep them under my 600 watt HPS light where they get very intense light and heat.

We have actually had a VERY HOT and humid summer so far. I had sum pretty awesome colors on my Jeannie Moragne.

Andrew

Ooh, Bill...BTW...The Psycho that is blooming now has an inflo that I measured at 11 inches!! I cannot believe this plumeria. I found a 2nd inflo forming a few days ago. The great news is that the other Pyscho that was blooming is doing a complete turn around now. I cut the inflo off of that one because the branch was getting really soft. Since cutting it, I can now see a mass of roots growing. I planted it into a 1 gal clear plastic milk jug so it would be easier for me to see the roots growing.

Thanks again Bill. This is still 1 of my favs!

Andrew

o

Wow, congrats daogirl! The blooms are awesome! Love the vibrant colors!

o

That is one gorgeous bloom. Molly does does have exceptional eye candy at upland nursery. Just wondering if it is a grafted plant? Many of their plants are. I haven't seen Cindy Schmidt around very often you are soo lucky!

o

Yes, it is a graft ... It's kind of a tall and slender plant, but grafted onto a really sturdy base stem (it probably has some great roots!).

I didn't realize it was that rare until I bought it - I just loved the blooms.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here