Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loveplants22

Paul Weissich Blooming In Virginia Beach!

Paul Weissich is finally blooming after three years. I'm really enjoying the orange coloration. It's hard to capture the true color, but its very pleasing to the eye!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Laura

Comments (21)

• rox146
    9 years ago

Laura, I must take a pix of mine today and post. Blooming on all 3 tips and is only yellow at best...weather? Still laughing at the haul you made back with...Peg got her's in all ready too... :-)) roxanne

• chuy415
    9 years ago

Laura.... beautiful colors!!! I received a cutting of this one, but rotted :(... bummer... such amazing blooms!!

Chuy

• texasplum
    9 years ago

very nice Mrs. Laura!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Roxanne!! I would love to see a picture if yours too! This one changes daily but is staying with the orange tones!

I'm still shocked myself. Lol. They all arrived like I had just packed them. Thank you to fed ex who handled them with care! I'm so glad. No broken branches or leaves. I even intercepted the delivery man! ;-). It was a good day!! All potted and staked . Life is good ! Missing you all though ðÂÂÂ

Hi Chuy ! In sorry you lost your cutting, what a bummer! Hopefully one day it can. BE replaced !! ðÂÂÂ

Gidgetsocal. Mahlao !! I love the six petals too! Thank you for the kind comments!! ;-)

Texas. Thank you, Sir!! Always appreciate your comments !!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Wow, Laura, those orange tones are beautiful!
    Can you tell me if your PW has skinny branches? I think mine needs to put some meat on his bones! lol

• virgo1667
    9 years ago

She is a Beauty Laura!! Thank you for sharing it with us...

Original Author
    9 years ago

Moma.. I'm heading out for you right now... Lol. One sec!!!

It is normal to beefy in size. I took a pic of my Hong Kong next to it and they looked so thin....

It is pretty healthy ....

Have a good night!!!

Laura

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Laura, Your is very pretty. The one I have is much more yellow but the weather makes the color change. Glad that you had a great trip to our state and that you got a lot of new ones to take home. Enjoy your weekend, Barb

Original Author
    9 years ago

Virgo!!!

Mahalo!! I appreciate your kind comments!!

Have a wonderful night!!!

Laura

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    9 years ago

Thanks for checking that out for me Laura! Mine definitely needs to do some growing up! :)

Beautiful flowers, Barb and Laura!

• pcput
    9 years ago

Beautiful Laura! See you had to get your night vision goggles on. "Lol"

Love the change in color, Barb! The leaves look so health.

Yes, Roxanne, my box made it home just fine! It was a challenge to pack a 4 foot tree but thanks to George cause he had "just" the right box. "Lol"
    Peg

Original Author
    9 years ago

Always ready with the night vision ... ;-)

Barb.. Your blooms are beautiful. It is all about heat, humidity!! Love yours too!!! Beautiful collection....

Time to do a night check!!! ;-)

Laura

• Andrew Scott
    9 years ago

Laura this is some real eye candy! I may just need to add this to my list for next year. Believe it or not, J. offered to get me a Monet! He must be really sick...LOL! Seriously though, I am loving this color! It's getting me even more excited for my JJ orange, which BTW, is showing flower buds now:) They are still pretty small but the inflo looks HUGE!

Andrew

• rox146
    9 years ago

Sorry to say Laura, mine looks like this and small blossom. roxanne

• jandey1
    9 years ago

That's the color I remember when my mom's bloomed a few years ago, really rich orange-pink with veining--gorgeous!

Such a shame it's a shy bloomer, and mine is very thin limbed but that seems to be trend in my yard.

How's the fragrance, Laura?

Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Andrew!!!

I'm sure your JJ orange will be a beauty!! Please post pictures so we can all enjoy with you!! We all love pictures!!! ;-)

John is a great guy, we had at great visit and I was so impressed with his nursery.. Glad to hear that you are checking on Monet. Sure is a beauty!!
    I know you would love this Paul Weissich... I'm very excited

Roxanne.. Yours is beautiful, Love the color too!! They all change. I'll show you the difference how the same inflo with different blooms have changed in coloration.. They are all different!!! Just like us.. ;-)

Thanks, Jen!!! I was really surprised with the deep coloration too! It is shy bloomer and I have waited for years... I checked the fragrance for you. ( I sound like Bill). Lol.. It has a floral fragrance. I'm not great with the sniffer... Hard to explain.. But it had a nice fragrance..

Here is a pic that I took tonight.. Quite a difference from a few days ago.. It's not as orange, but still is yellow/ orange. It's a great and exciting time to see the differences in one variety...

Mahalo, everyone!!!

Have a great night!!!

Laura

Original Author
    9 years ago

Paul Weissich changes again....

From deep orange to yellow.. Now to a yellow with new blooms opening with more orange.. It changes daily... Unbelievable!!!

Night!!

Laura

• rox146
    9 years ago

Laura, I did find 1 bigger bloom on him today....Hoping for next year a great improvement. roxanne

Original Author
    9 years ago

Roxanne!!

It is beautiful!!

Love the coloration on this bloom!! You all will have a longer growing season, so I'm sure you will see more gorgeous blooms!!

Hope you are doing well and you are enjoying the summer!!

My leaves are starting to show signs of fall arriving.. Sad times. Argh!! ;-)

Have a wonderful day!!!

Laura

• rox146
    9 years ago

wow Laura, you do have a short season, no wonder you have to go on a buying frenzy... :-))))

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County