Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rox146

plumeria "off" time

rox146
10 years ago

So, since it is summer, I thought it could be fun to post in 1 photo what you do in your "plumeria off time". You know, kindof like "what else do you grow?"

So, these are Risso Dolphins we were lucky enough to run by last Friday on our trip to the outside of Santa Cruz island. First time we had encountered these. Their fins looked like sharks at first. We were with them for over 1 hour. mahalo, roxanne

Comments (19)

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

Actually I'm sending this from my iPhone... My family were in Carlsbad Caverns yesterday. We spent the day exploring the caves 750+ feet below the ground... It was exciting!

~Bob

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

that is wonderful...did you keep cool in the caves?

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

Salsa dancing in SF is what I grow in my off time. Anybody wanna dance?

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gorgeous sky line! Good restaurants too. And always fun to eat at the Culinary School.....roxanne

• bobthewizard
    10 years ago

The Caves were fun. We spent probably 5 hours all together in there. But it was rainy and stormy outside so that was nice. It's always 56 degrees in the cave but not much warmer on the surface that day...

We checked Roswell today... That was pretty interesting. Not quite what I expected though... Thought there would be more.

Headed home tomorrow...

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

I'm not that interesting. My "off" is spent with my plants. my 9-5 is selling/doing electrical work.

Mike

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

I have a four-year-old and my wife and I both work. What off time??

• daogirl - SoCal Zone 9
    10 years ago

Kind of cliche, maybe, but I surf a lot! Roxanne - love the dolphins! I see the common ones a lot when I'm out, but I had an amazing moment a couple of months ago when a dolphin calf come almost within arms reach of me while I was on my board. It was crazy - he was just checking out what I was doing. The other person I was surfing with said "hey, this is better than Sea World!" LOL

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I give zombies make overs on my "off time"
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Aloha daogirl..I just bought the costco cheapie stand-up...went out at 6:30 a.m. in our marina..(glassy) and there were hundreds of baby bat rays all under my board. Coming back down the channel and seeing all my multi colored Plumeria blooming makes one feel that the hard work on them is worthwhile. I give the less desirables to neighbors up and down the channel and I only hope to see them all blooming soon someday as well. mahalo, roxanne

• nativec
    10 years ago

Off time...I wish! Its work and enjoying the trees right now. Not a lot of time for other things.

Rox-What beautiful dolphins-Lucky you!

Tally, I'm lovin' that zombie makeover...LOL

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

beachplant...I bet you have a great halloween party! About how long to do a Zombie? roxanne

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

I haven't been anywhere or done anything in I couldn't tell you how long. When I'm not working or messing with my plants, it's dark and I'm watching tv. Too much tv. However, it was rather exciting to meet up with Lablover last weekend but that was the first time I was out of my general roaming areas in quite some time. Over an hour away! :)

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

this is a brittle star. They live in the holdfast that the kelp attaches itself to to hold onto the bottom. He is the size of a 50 cent piece almost. roxanne

• beachplant
    10 years ago

I`ve gotten pretty good at the zombies, I can make them over in about 20 minutes if I can keep them from biting me.
    This was for Mardi Gras, we do the Umbrella brigade every year.
    We took the ferry to Bolivar last Friday and saw over 50 dolphins including a mom with 2 calves.
    Tally HO!

• plumejunkie
    10 years ago

@ Roxy - next time your in SF, check out B44 - amazing tapas & paella! Its tucked away down this back alley with all these restaraunts hidden away.

Hit Cafe Sport in North Beach for authentic Sicialian food. I'm Siciliano, so I get amazing food at home. It's the only Italian place I eat! The Stella bakery is right around the corner, they make amazing cannoli, & if you park on the top floor at the parking garage by the police station, you can throw a rock & hit Alcatraz! That's where I took the pic from!

Dont miss Cafe Cocomo for the best salsa dancing in Northern California, gotta love a LIVE salsa orquesta!

Peace & happy growing!
    Jason

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

so glad to hear about all the good eats....watch the cooking channel all the time and my sister in law is an executive chef and "Wolfy" has sent her to Italy many times for new recipes.. Half the fun is pairing the wine with the food.

So fun to hear what other people do...roxanne

• beachplant
    10 years ago

this month I have been making dragonflies from old chairs!
    Tally HO!

• rox146
    Original Author
    10 years ago

beachplant that is way cool.....love the color combo, reminds me of fuchsias. We don't get dragonflies here till late August or so. I have seen about 3 colors of them in our area. Keep up the cool art work....roxanne

Sponsored