Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jeannie Moragne Jr. ..really?

Posted by dave_in_nova VA zone 7a (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 29, 11 at 10:56

I purchased this one years ago on EBay from 1 stop aloha (I think), as a Jeannie Moragne, JR.

But I'm not so sure that's what it is. Can any of you tell if this could be a Jeannie? Photos I've seen of others' look like the petals are wider. Mine almost looks more like a Kauka Wilder. The petals are sort of flimsy and don't hold up well or last very long (not a good lei flower, in other words). Smell is fruity fragrant.

Here are more photos of it blooming this season (really warm summer).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jeannie Moragne Jr. ..really?

Dave,
That is definitely J Morange Jr. The petals will get a slightly fuller, could be because its a first blooming cycle. You can tell by the color and the golden eye pattern its J Morange Jr.
Gorgeous pics

o

OK, thanks!

Not the best pics (iPhone) I'll admit.

The twist to the petals makes them look narrow I guess. The veination in the petals is more evident when they fade or in cooler weather. But otherwise it's a very brilliant-colored flower, especially in this heat.

o

Kauka wilder is smaller but the true test is Jeannie smells like rose or sometimes a little peachy but KW smells like Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion. That is a Jeannie. Bill

o

Hey Dave,

I love the rich color in the Jeannie Jr.

I have never heard of the Jeannie Jr. But she looks beautiful!!

Congratulations on a beauty!!!

Laura in VB

o

Laura- Jeannie Moragne, Jean Jr or Jeannie Jr are the same. They refer to the seedling named after Bill Moragne;s daughter-in-law (Jean), not to be confused with Jean or Jean Sr refering to the seedling named for Bill's wife Jean.
Jean or Jean Sr.:

o

Thanks BIll....I was wondering about all of these names!!!

Thanks for the help!!

Love the pic of yours!!!

Beautiful!!!

Laura in VB

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here