Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mksmth_zone_6b

Brrrrr. Chilly

It was 56 degrees this morning. I just about grabbed a jacket. It is pretty unusual to have lows in the 50's around here but I will take it. Not only is it more comfortable but the Tomato plants will pollinate a whole lot better. Yummy!!

Mid 80's for the holiday weekend, Woo Hoo. Wont be long and we will be back in the 100+ though :(

Mike

Comments (7)

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

I know you're not complaining! Laugh.
    Now if we could only get some rain out of this. :)

-Robert

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Mike
    I luv it cold, wish it was there cold here so I could save on my AC..lol
    Will enjoy the briskness, I am sure it will get even hotter as its not even the end of the 1st week of July.

• krismast
    10 years ago

Robert

You can take some of our rain! It's rained almost everyday here for the past 3 weeks. We're currently under flash flood watches with heavy rain set to arrive later today! I believe we were 8 inches over average for the month of June. Needless to say, I'm looking forward for the sun to return!

Kristopher

• Robert (zone 7a, Oklahoma)
    10 years ago

Ha! Heard you guys on the east coast are getting flooded while people are baking on the west coast.
    Freaky weather indeed!

-Robert

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

The rain is spotty here in the East. We have gotten some nice rains, but could use more.

Every year is different.

I love rainy summers. It saves on the watering bill.

• Andrew Scott
    10 years ago

Here in western NY, we are also being hit by tons of rain. We HAD flood warnings but that was 4-5 days ago. What is concerning to me is that the temps are not warming up enough for my plumeria to do anything. My DSP only has 2 inflos compared to last year when it had 8 or 9 by now. One of the inflos aborted it's flower buds, while the other has a few that are opening slowly.

I hope we can get some heat soon, or my trees will just look green for the whole summer:(

Andrew

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Yikes that is too cold! Perfect temps for me is 85. Unlike James I don't have my A/C on to subfreezing temps! Must have ice in your blood James!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction