Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_first_kms2

My New Mobile Plumeria Youngster Center

the_first_kms2
11 years ago

Here is my prototype cart for holding my young plumerias (1-2 gallon sizes) in a central location I can move around the yard for best sun and for mowing underneath. I drew it up and the spouse of a coworker did the rest.

Its the same concept as the big lumber carts at HD and Lowes which have a center axle which is taller and allows you to fulcrum and pivot the cart on its center axis with minimal effort. In its definative form it will have six axles and will reside on a hard suface deck and can be pushed into the garage if there is a chilly night. For right now I left the 3rd axle off to give more fulcrum room for the pivot feature.

its roughly 6'x 3' and I think will hold anything I put on it. The chains can be removed to reduce the hieght of a lift and still offer some protection from falling off. The bed of 2x4s is not attached but laid in to allow for easy removal for lifting the empty cart. Total cost was around $240.

Here are some early morning pictures

{{gwi:1183363}}

{{gwi:1183364}}

Strategically Loaded up with 14 plants including the two minis from JJ (right of center in black pots) which Jandy picked out for me.

{{gwi:1183365}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction