Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My plumeria seed's

Posted by konatiki (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 19, 10 at 12:46

One of my plumeria gave me two seed pod's and I put the seeds in some soil this weekend and within two day's one of the seed's is already growing. These will be my first plumeria from seed's and even cooler is the seed's are from a plumeria I have had for 5 years. It's a Celadine but I hope we get something other then that with these seed's.
Video link below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHCKRr5eGgw

Here is a link that might be useful: my plumeria seed's

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My plumeria seed's

Nice job! It's wild that you got so many to grow. I brought about 12 seeds from the Dole plant. in Hawaii, and only one gave, but it's already branching out. I guess it's about 3 months old right now. The other guys, i think I drowned them. boo... the seeds are still closed. I've moved them around and I'm trying to get them to grow but, I don't really know what I'm doing with them. It's like the wild west out here. Any tips.
I'll try to post my little guy later.

o

Be prepared for lots of seedlings. Fresh seed has a very high germination rate. Years ago I bought 100 seeds and ended up with almost 100 plants!

o

No problem. I hope all 18 turn into strong seedlings. I will give 1 or 2 to my Mom. I gave her two of my large plumeria last year and they are just starting to bloom for her and she is real happy. She has always liked my plants but didn't think she could grow them herself. So I gave her two in 10 gal containers and she loves them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here