Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_scott77

I think I have learned my lesson!

Andrew Scott
9 years ago

Around 4 years ago, I ordered 3 trees from Jungle Jacks. One of the 3 is my JJ Orange. When I got it, I decided it wasn't going to be planted into a plain black nursery pot.

I went to a local garden center, and bought a nice blue glazed pot. I believe the pot is a 5 gal pot. I choose this pot because it did have a drainage hole in the bottom, but now I am wondering how the heck I am going to get the root ball out, without breaking the pot!

I may just try when the soil is dry, then after a couple days, I am hoping that all I need to do is thump on the sides, and then bottom a few times, and the tree will pop right out.

I am really excited to see just how nice the orange flowers will look with this deep blue colored pot. If I cannot get the tree out of the pot, I will break it. I would much rather break the pot, then damage my tree!

I know Bill has trees potted in pots like mine, and I am hoping to hear from him for some tips. I don't plan on doing this anytime soon, as the tree has produced one HUGE(huge for me that is!) tip, and since it has not bloomed for me yet, I won't risk doing anything to slow down it's progress or even loose the inflo!

Andrew

Comments (2)

Sponsored