Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Turface leftovers??

Posted by stormys_mom Md 7a (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 13:39

What can we do with these? Also have some micro miniture pine bark fines, really fine pieces. Can I make a seed mix with this? To start plumie seeds with maybe

Jackie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Turface leftovers??

I think you can make the 5:1:1 mix with the pine bark fines that are too big or too small for the gritty mix?

The turface (and granite) stuff, I'm not sure. My leftovers were so fine that they were basically all dust. I just threw mine out. When that stuff gets wet it seems like it would just be a big mess.

o

The granite, there really isnt anything left of it. I sift then rinse because sifting doesn't always get rid of the dust. The turface I don't rinse but sift really well and I have lots of it that goes thru the strainer. Just wondered what to do with it. Maybe I will experiment lol

Jackie

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 15:11

All mine go into flower and raised beds. Its a great soil amendment

Mike

o

I use mine in my potted plants, to help retain moisture. Barbra

o

Jackie,

Turface fines are great for sowing seeds...

Have a great day!!

Laura

o

Thank You all for the ideas! I am gonna try some for seedlings and throw some in my potted plants outside that I have to water frequently, maybe that will help them retain more moisture. Its been 100 degrees here for 4 straight days and the plants in my garden are looking tired.

Jackie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here