Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sunseeker53

My Lei ring

sunseeker53
12 years ago

I'd like to share a picture of my Lei ring with some flowers picked this morning. From 6 o'clock, going clockwise:

Smith's Candy Stripe/Apple

Honeypot

Evalani

Jenny

Kaneohe Sunburst

Pacific Pearl

Inca Gold

Elsie

Sparkle

Pinwheel

Calif. Sunset

Divine

Lipstick

Celadine

Samoan Fluff

NOID red-gold

{{gwi:1184621}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments (13)

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    12 years ago

Nice presentation! Thanks for id-ing them! I think I have one like Evalani - at least very similar. Just a real nice variety of bloom colors and shapes. Any more on your wish list??

• chuy415
    12 years ago

may i ask what you placed them on?? very nice! jealous :)

• plumatherapy
    12 years ago

Congrat on a great collection! I have never seen Sparkle in person looks very nice is it JJ's. I think your porcelain lei ring looks awesome. I think it holds more water and flowers than my driftwood. Always love the flowers no matter how you serve them up!!

• tdogdad
    12 years ago

Ellen, I photoshopped your ring for you. Bill
    {{gwi:1184622}}

• sunseeker53
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Bill! Thanks for the Photoshop work! Makes the identification a lot easier!
    Btw the Lei ring was from me, not Ellen! LOL!

Dave: As I buy more plumies, my wishlist gets longer! It's not supposed to work that way, but it does :-)

Chuy: Thanks! The display I used for the flowers is a ceramic Lei ring (because if is shaped like a lei). In any other shape, it is sometimes called pansy ring. It is basically a shaped trough to hold water.

Ellen: Thanks! This lei ring hold more water for all flowers, while your driftwood hold more water for each flower individually in each tube. Either way the flowers can be kept fresh to be enjoyed for a few days. I also have various tiny glasses/cups for when I need to display only 1 or 2 flowers.

• jandey1
    12 years ago

Wow, Sun, that is an impressive collection of blooms! And very nicely arranged. It would be nice to have a fiery orange in there, wouldn't it?

We really do have similar taste in plants because I also have Honeypot, which is probably not very common. Mine probably has a few years before flowers, being so small, but your bloom looks great. How's the scent and branching on yours?

• tdogdad
    12 years ago

Sorry, Hao. Sometimes I get confused. Nice lei ring. Bill

• sunseeker53
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No problem Bill :-) That happens to me too sometimes!

Jen: We do have a lot of the same plants! How amazing, considering we don't even live in the same state!
    Honeypot has a very nice sweet scent.. I would say honey scent, that's probably why it got that name. I have owned all of my plants one year or less, so I can't say much about the growth habit, but it doesn't look like it's going to be a tall lanky one. It got 3 well-balanced tips. I hope none of the JJ plants will grow very tall like the classic varieties (if they do, I'll cut them down and force them to be short :-) LOL I'm already air-layering several plants to make them shorter even though they're only 5 feet tall!!

That yellow NOID in the ring would have been a fiery orange if it was picked a week ago!! But I think it might pick up the orange tone again soon, as I can see that the heat has increased again in my yard. Some of the blooms on my Calif. Sunset look like they have been blow-torched. I can't go by the weather forecast because my yard always ends up having a different temperature than what the forecast says for my zip code.
    The only 2 orange I can see today in my yard are Desert Sunrise and Wizard. The colors are just incredible. Like you, I love orange, so I can't take my eyes off of these 2!
    {{gwi:1184623}}

{{gwi:1184624}}

• isobea
    12 years ago

Sunseeker, are you posting these unbelievable colors for our enjoyment or to torture us fog ridden people? LOL I don't have any red or orange tones yet, but at least I can enjoy yours! Do you know of a way of getting these pictures off this site and onto photopaper so I can frame them? Obviously I am a little handicapped when it comes to dealing with more complicated computer stuff...
    I don't have a lei ring like yours, but I have used olive boats with plumeria flowers as center pieces when I have company. I like using them because they take up less space on the table.
    Have a great day everybody!
    Iso

• labland
    12 years ago

Fantastic! Also, Mahalo Bill for labeling them, great job, I saved it to my iPad. Beautiful presentation!!. I am speechless!

• thenightlighter
    10 years ago

Hi Isobea, I am also a handicapped computer user so I understand how you feel. Fortunately your question was simple enough that even I, a computer kindergartner so to speak, was shocked to realize that I actually knew the answer!
    Put your curser on top of the picture you want and then right click on it. A box will pop up with a lot of options. Click on "save picture as.." Then you can name the file and put it in any of your photo folders that you want to. Once it's saved there you can print it out on photopaper just like any other picture you want to print.

• isobea
    10 years ago

Hi nightlighter,
    I can't believe you revived this old thread after two years, but what a nice surprise! I just tried it and it worked like a charm. Thank you so much! Now my 'flowers' file will grow to monstrous proportions... What a great way to spend a rainy afternoon, though. Take care,
    Iso

PS: I wonder whatever happened to 'sunseeker' - Hao are you still around?

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Hao is very active on the FB forums now. I think she's doing great in her new home, though she lost a few plants from the move :(