Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumeria changes colors

Posted by konatiki (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 20, 10 at 14:23

Im very happy. One of my plumeria is shooting out blooms that are different colors. I dont know how to explain it.
All of these are on the same inflo off the same branch tip. Some start out one color and change as they grow but some start
and stay the same color. There are ones that start out white and change to light pink to dark pink and some start out
red and stay red. I bought this plumeria from Home Depot here is Vista "north San Diego, CA" and its a Jungle Jack's.
I dont know what the name of it is but if anyone can tell me that would be great. I think the tag said "pink" when I bought it.
Here are some pictures.The first picture was taken yesterday 7/19/10 and the other two were taken 6/24/10. It's the same plant!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumeria changes colors

For some of my plumies, flower color can change depending on the weather conditions (mainly sun and temperature):

1) as the buds are developing,
2) when the buds open up, and
3) while they are open.

During cool spells, my flowers are usually lighter in color. With heat and sun they tend to open darker. But as the flower ages, with heat and sun, they tend to fade sooner. If they open up dark, but we have cloudy days, some will keep their more saturated colors longer. There's a lot of variability. It also varies with the cultivar to some extent.

Beautiful photos. You can enjoy many colors on ONE PLANT!

o

Konatiki,

Very beautiful photo!!!

Can't believe the different colors on one tree!!!

Quite interesting...lucky for you!!!

Enjoy!!

Laura in VB

o

It's a great lil plumeria. Also the blooms on this one are alot smaller then any of my other plumeria. The blooms in the pictures are only about the size on a US quarter, very petite which make them even cooler.

o

Hi Konatiki,
can I have your permission to upload this amazing photo to my Greek Plant Forum which I belong ??
thanks
John

o

Hi greekman. Yes you may!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here