Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

Picture of my plants from the PSA sale

honeybunny2 Fox
10 years ago

I took this picture to show what I brought home from the PSA sale yesterday. 5 have 3 tips, 1 has 4 tips( Mr Ambassador, and one has 5 tips( JL Allison), Bill Moragne only has 1 tip. I measured the distance from the ground to the base of my car window it's 36 inches. I am very happy with my plants, can't wait to plant them at the coast. Yes, Lynn I am over my limit. Barbra

This post was edited by honeybunny2 on Sun, Jul 21, 13 at 17:49

Comments (15)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I think this is the picture.

• jwhite2947
    10 years ago

Nice plants. You did a good job packing too. I put about 20 of my plants in the ground this am so I will have to check tags to answer your question about who I bought from. I will try to do that and get back to you tomorrow.

Joan

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

K, did all the packing, he did a great job. He layed the plants on pillows, and they slept all the way home. Joan, I have to say, your husband did a great job packing that hugh confetti. I think he was more excited about it than you were. I am so glad he talked you into buying it. Barbra

• cointx
    10 years ago

Congratulations on your plants. So many multi tips. I am also looking for Bill now (thanks a lot Simi Dude ;)!

Maybe I will get to meet all of you next year. I just hope K or Joan's DH will be there to help me pack my purchases into the car. Those guys rock when it comes to packing plumeria!!!!

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Nice haul! I wondered what the pillows were for.
    Tally Ho!

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Cointx, I'm sorry about that! But in all fairness, when it looks like this, I think you'll thank me!

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Holy COW . George!!! Stunning.... I love this one!!! Hopefully one day, it will bloom for me....

Barbra,

You did a great job with your trees.. Great collection!! K,, can I rent you if I come down next year? LOL.. I can bring packing..? coolers of beer? .wait, you have mine.. ;-)

Glad you all had fun!!!

Joan.. I am still impressed with your collection. Your hubby is awesome to even suggest that you buy the Big boy... Maybe I should have him talk to mine?
    LOL... When I went to the sale in Cali, he was the purse holder and sat and waited.. I think the eye allergy started that day!!! ;-)

I am so glad you all had fun!!!

laura

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Oh, my, Barbra! Great haul! I think most of us could be nicknamed "Over My Limit" LOL!

Cointx, if you're in Texas, you need to make one of those sales. They are a blast, and you get to meet nice people like Barbra and K, and Joan and George from Houston who usually work them.

• beachplant
    10 years ago

If I start saving now....
    Yes, we can all be called Over Our Limit can`t we?
    What a beautiful flower to be "talked" into.
    Tally Ho!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The reason I went over the limit, was the price, all the plants I bought at the sale were $30, except for Pretty Princess which was $45, 19" from the soil line, it has 3 thick tips (size of half dollars), 5 of the plants I came home with are 29" and taller from the soil line. I have to straighten out Allison and Bill Moragne, that will be easy enough to do. I already have s stick in Allison, all 5 tips are leaning to one side, I had to use a rock to hold up the pot., I cannot plant them until I go back to the coast on July 30th. Now I am wishing I would have bought that Bangkok Fire. Nongrafted for $30, it has 5 stars, and FC is sold out. George do you know its growing habits, and fragrance? Barbra

This post was edited by honeybunny2 on Mon, Jul 22, 13 at 10:02

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

Great plants Barbra! Sounds like everyone had a good time.

Mike

• citizen_insane
    10 years ago

Hi Barbra,
    I do not have Bangkok Fire. Most Thai varieties are not tall growers, even though there are some all growers (like Wakwo). Most likely it is a medium size tree.

George

• pcput
    10 years ago

What a great family portrait, Barbra. You did a great job. You guys are so lucky out there to have these great sales to go to.
    Peg

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Nice trees! You were lucky to find a Mr. Ambasssador. They are scare right now,

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

I am Pretty sure that Mr. A was actually a left over from the Clear Lake Sale.

We still had all sorts of room even without taking out the car seats. All the ones which were short enough to stand up under the bed cover panels were snug in a large box (given to us by Nancy Willis) and the tall ones were laid over pillows and then beach towels placed over their containers to prevent movement. All except Mr. A which got to ride on the backseat floorboard.

LOL Laura. I'll give you back the cooler if you come. we can pack it full of plumerias and use it as checked baggage (redneck couture).

CoinTx, its worth it to make one of the sales because you do get really good info and there are like minded people all over the place.

It is a team sport. One of us makes a break for the rare plants and the other gets a cart and sometimes we throw in a distraction like faking a slip or fall in the doorway and blocking, etc. You know just all good clean fun. :)