Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ponderings over inflo's and new tips

Posted by moonie_57 8 NC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 15:02

Just more newbie stuff.

Sometimes you read where a seller will list their multi-tip cutting "with 2 brand new tips". What makes it special that it has brand new tips as opposed to just being listed as 2 tips?

Also, does it stand to reason that if you buy a multi-tipped cutting that it means that branch has not been long since blooming?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ponderings over inflo's and new tips

• Posted by No-Clue So Cal Zone 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 15:34

Moonie, brand new is very very new... sometimes you just see a tip less than 1/2 inches long. I have one of those... and it took forever the new tips to grow!

Not sure I understand your second question... :)

o

I would think that 2 brand new tips would be from spent inflo. As far as multi tips, I would guess that's the way they made the cutting, from a branch that had multi tips. Does that make sense?
Could be they want you to know the plant has already bloomed by listing it as 2 brand new tips. Just my guess.

Jackie

o

Jackie - that was sort of what I was thinking... the other side of the coin... it's going to be awhile before this one blooms. :)

NC - sorry, you couldn't understand my second question because I tend to be a poor communicator. LOL

I have so many questions in my head but then I try to form them into a post I can't even understand myself. you wouldn't believe how many posts I've deleted over the past few months :)

o

Moonie.. Hi there!!!

You are correct that "new" means new...and it probably just had an inlo. When they say two tips ..usually means that it has maybe longer tips and it not that small in the tip department. Sometimes, even when you do have an iflo and we all know that it is usually to branch from there..sometimes it continues to stay with a single tip. Sometimes more that not, you have "mulitple tips" meaning three or four. I have a tree that has six tips. Bill had mentioned back in the past that he has one with 12?

Tips are tips..and they will turn into brances soon.especailly now in this season. So i dont worry when i rec one that say "two small tips" I know that they will grow and will be fine.

My ETLD bloomed last year and branched off and i had an inflo from the new stem in that same season.. So don't think it cant happen!! : ) It can...

I hope that i could clear that up a little

Take care...

Laura

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here