Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ivysmom_gw

Yellowing leaves?

ivysmom
11 years ago

Does this look like a shortage of iron, or too much heat or something else? (the yellowing leaves)

Part of me thinks it may be too much heat or not enough water, as my 3-branch Rhonda was drooped to semi-horizontal last night (and not as firm as normal). I gave her a good drink and moved her off the brick patio onto the grass near our eastern fence (a little less blast of sun throughout the day), but I'm not sure. Nearest the bottom/closest to the camera is the Divine, and behind it is the Rhonda (those are the small guys). The leaves are a little rippled around the edges but not sunburned (no holes or brown spots). We had rain pretty much every day for almost 2 weeks, but the last of that was a week ago. The yellowing showed up the last couple days (as did the droopiness in Rhonda), and I've not watered them since the rains stopped. Soil is not dry.

Btw, Rhonda looked much better this morning -- she had perked back up. I've propped two of her droopy branches up against the side of the big tomato plant containers, though I may try supporting them with some twine (encircling all three branches) like I read elsewhere in this forum.

Thanks!

Btw, the Divine had some STRIKING streaky colors on a cluster of leaves. I'll post that separately... and Rhonda has 3 blooms right next to each other (same inflo) that all look quite different.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!