Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Possible Root Rot?

Posted by NicholasH none (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 28, 14 at 15:27

Just bought these Plumerias from the PSA July Sale in Houston, Texas. At the time When I got them, I didn't notice any issues. They were good looking Plumerias. The only issue was that the soil was very damp and the plant was loose. It appeared that both plants had been planted in these containers just to sell them at the show. Well anyways, I went home and repotted them in new pots that were black and had great drainage. Of course using my Plumeria mix w/ perlite. Once I was done repotting them, I gave them some water. I wake up the next morning and One of them is wrinkled up and mushy. The other was starting to wrinkle up and was mushy as well. Not sure what to do now? I am not sure if this is my fault or the sellers fault. I do have the sellers phone number. I have read if root rot is the case, I am to cut up to where the green part of the Plumeria is. Well that's not the case here, both Plumerias are mushy from top to bottom. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Possible Root Rot?

Its hard to say from the picture. Maybe sunburn as well? I would start with moving it to a shady spot where it can recover from possible shock. At this point I would keep it on the dry side to help it re-root if its actually a case of shock.

What did the roots look like when you transplanted it? Can you also post a picture of the leaves/tips? What variety is it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here