Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phalanx_viridis

First time bloomers!

phalanx_viridis
9 years ago

The anticipation of purchasing a plant without an inflo and then waiting patiently for it to spike and bloom is part of the fun for me with plumeria..When it does open, it is a great feeling that I keep chasing...maybe that is why my collection is always growing :-x Anyway, here are some of mine that are blooming for the first time for me this season, and some that I acquired spiking...it still counts as first time for ME, right? hehe

jj premium rainbow, no trunk id---emailed John on id--he was not sure, I love it though:

rhonda and her many moods:

jj whirlwind:

a rooting celadine from MPG:

jj xanadu:

jj premium p/w:

jj nevita:

jj shooting star, i think ;):

jj cote d'or:

and kauka wilder:

What do you have that is blooming for the first time for you? Please share, I love seeing proud plumie parents' pics!

-Stephen

Comments (11)

• tamela_star
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I have a Taj Mahal plumeria about to bloom. it will be my first time as well.

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

Think the 1st one is thumbalina. Check out nativec's recent post

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

• plumejunkie
    9 years ago

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Very pretty. It is a thrill to see something bloom for the first time. You have a lot of winners. Enjoy, Barb

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Stephen!!

First of all .. Congratulations !! They are just beautiful!!!

I just love all of them. heading to birdies.. Now!! ;-)

Great job. I know you are pleased.

Take care,

Laura

• phalanx_viridis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

tamela- I can't wait to see your TMahal bloom!
    plumejunkie- Although I dont know it's id, I am pretty sure it is not jj thumbalina bc of its color/petal shape and overlap, but it is still young so who knows?
    Barb and Laura- thank you for your compliments, they mean a lot coming from you two!

-stephen

• nativec
    9 years ago

Stephen-they are all gorgeous! What a nice selection of first timers :)

I was also pleased to see JJ Cote d'Or in your line up. I have been on the fence about that one all season, so I'm glad to see that someone actually took the plunge. I'm putting it back on the "hit" list :)

Take care,

Nicole

• phalanx_viridis
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for your compliments Nicole, I have been very blessed this season! Cote d'Or is a great flower and a beefy limb, I picked it up at the open house because it had a special open house sale price. Otherwise it is a little pricey for me...There were plenty of them so I am willing to bet that it will come down in price next season and you will be able to cross it off of your hit list with less guilt...funny how my hit list seems to grow, not shrink...one off, two on... Im sure you can relate ;P

-stephen

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    9 years ago

Great job. All are keepers. I think the JJ Xanadu is my fav out the ones you posted.

FWIW...I would not pick that 1st one to be a Thumbalina when compared to mine but I am not in the same climate so I would defer to others.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Stephen....

You are so right. The thrill of growing these trees and giving them our best attention .. Waiting years to finally see inflos forming is the best feeling in the world. I know most of us understand.

We can order ones with inflos and be very happy!! But to use what we have learned and to nourish and watch them grow with our owns hands means so much more..

Congratulations on all of your beauties..

My one tree that just bloomed for me for the first time .. Is Paul Weissich. I waited three years for this one to bloom. Now, I have another after years of waiting getting ready. It my Texas Aggie.. Talking about being excited.. I really get your enthusiasm .. It's wonderful and very infectious!! ;-)

Keep them coming.. Love to see your beauties!!!

Here is my first time bloomer for the season.. My others have bloomed before, but this was one I waited for..

Thank you for this thread. This will be fun for us posting our first timers!!! .

Take care,

Laura

Sponsored
Fineline Deck Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars11 Reviews
Women Owned Construction Company Specializing in High Quality Decks