Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jungle Jacks!

Posted by KJMM none (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 15:54

I'm going to place a mail order with Jungle Jacks, looks like they will ship with leaves and buds/flowers on... I live close enough to where the plants will be in transit maybe only a day, but I don't love close enough to drive.

I want strong scents and prefer compact growth, so I searched their site for "strong"

Artistry
Christina
Delightful
Firestrom
Honeypot
Melody
Sweetness
Tong Deng
Xanadu

Any feedback or experience on these? Descriptions of their scents and growth habits.

What do they mean by "strong perfume?"

I get what "strong sweet" and "strong floral" but what is "strong perfume"????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jungle Jacks!

Those are some great choices, but you have to include scentsational, rhonda, and queen amber..all have great, strong scents. Also, try Nevita for a grape koolaid scent, very cool!

perfume scent is just like it sounds, like a perfume so neither floral nor fruity...hard to describe other than sweet and fresh. Others, like Whirlwind smells to me like soap, fresh and clean...and the more mature the tree grows, the scent will become more prolific.

Scent is a top consideration for me too, so from one nose to another, I hope this helps :-)

-Stephen

o

My scentsational finally bloomed after 3 years. While it does smell nice it is far from "scentsational". I have to be up to the flower to smell it. I'll see if it gets better before giving up on it.
Delightful is one of if not my favorite one. Flowers every year and smells nice. I can smell at a couple feet when the inflos are large.

Mike

o

I second Rhonda & also J105.

Lonnie

This post was edited by printmaster on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 12:38

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here