Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stormneon

one question 4 my beloved plumeria

stormneon
10 years ago

hi all,

its been a while since i posted a message about the status off my plumeria after resoiling them all.

now my first question is that one off my plumeria is giving two yellow leaves, no spots but mostly yeloow with some green. is this due to the sun or to much water or in need of water?

this plumeria has been outside since it has been tropic in my country. some 30 degrees celsius on a open platform.

who can give me advice?

Comments (8)

• elucas101
    10 years ago

If it's one of the bottom leaves it it a natural occurance. If it's a hgher up / new leaf I would look into it more. Are you able to post a picture?

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

the older lower leaves will tend to yellow and fall off as the plant grows. if its newer leaves then we need to figure out how often you are fertilizing it and with what, what the soil is made of, and the how often you water. Picture are a tremendous help too.

edit-emily beat me to it. thats what happens when you take forever to type and hit submit LOL

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 16:54

• stormneon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

i will post a picture in a few minutes. but if yoou say if is like that then the inflo is far away i think :(

i thought that when the leafes stay it should inflo.

but seems that not the case

• stormneon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

as promised here is the pic of my little plumeria :)

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Thank you so much for posting the picture, that gives us a lot more information. What I think you have here is actually a seedling of a plumeria, not from a cutting, is that correct? If it is a seedling, chances are the plant needs to grow bigger before it has the energy to flower.

If I were you, the first thing I would do is to get the plant into a regular pot - that container is way too small and too shallow. The roots need room to grow. I would get that plant into a 3 gallon or so.

Is your soil well draining? Make sure it is because the plant doesn't like to sit wet. Water the plant thoroughly and then let it dry out between waterings.

If you give the plant a much bigger pot and keep giving it sun and water like mentioned above I know you will see significant improvement with your plant.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

It looks to wet to me. I agree with E...it needs a larger container.

• stormneon
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thanks for the info,

i actually dont know if it is a seedling or cutling. i bought it from a trader so my best guess is that he used cutlings from a mother plant. also got that one in my house.

i also give it a good nutrition mix with a 20-50-25.

i was hoping for this summer to get some inflo but im worried now that they wont give me flowers this season.

lets still hope for the best.

• pcput
    10 years ago

stormneon , unfortunately the name of this game is patience. :)
    Peg

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!