Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
no_clue

What's blooming in my garden

No-Clue
10 years ago

Granted, I cheated and bought some blooming plants recently, but whatever. :)

{{gwi:1185970}}Henry Apples Dupree is about to bloom! I can't wait to get a whiff!

{{gwi:1185971}}My Valentine. I love how huge her flowers are. Sweet fragrance to boot!

{{gwi:1185972}}Fantasia's leaves are getting bigger. I'm hoping that one lone bud will hang on and bloom!! Fingers crossed.

{{gwi:1185973}}I'm really loving my CA Sunset this year. Perhaps that's because her fragrance is so much stronger this year.

{{gwi:1185974}}With my cooler temps CA Sunset stays pretty yellow but still beautiful to me.

{{gwi:1185975}}Mary Helen Eggenberger is so delicate looking and so beautiful. She smells like grape kook aid! Yummy!

{{gwi:1185976}}Anxious for Saigon Moon to open! :)

{{gwi:1185977}}Loving Queen Amber. Her fragrance alone is enough to put her in my top 10 favorite. Her softness and elegance make her a stand out. Photos just don't do her justice.

{{gwi:1185978}}Fuji Mist is looking real fine. Her sweet fragrance makes me want to bury my face in her blossoms every time I walk by. Apparently the bees love her too!

{{gwi:1185979}}I can't wait to see what Thumbalina will look like this year. Last year she suffered major sun burn and the flowers didn't look very good. But if this a preview then I think she'll be a beauty!

{{gwi:1185981}}Delightful... I love this tree. It's has such a beautiful shape, beautiful foliage and large flowers w/ fragrance to boot. It's going to hard to plant her so far from me (front yard).

{{gwi:1185982}}Orange Jack is STUNNING! I can't get over how beautiful she is.

{{gwi:1185983}}I am surprised not many have this plant. Imagine this beauty in FL or TX heat. She's a total stand out for sure.

{{gwi:1185984}}Cherokee Geisha last night.

{{gwi:1185985}}Then she gave me a show this morning. WOWZA! I'm so glad I got her! I can't believe how beautiful CG is!

{{gwi:1185986}}But then Tiger refuses to be a side show. Nuff said.

{{gwi:1185987}}My new acquisition yesterday. :) Meet Siam Ruby.

{{gwi:1185988}}I'm so happy I finally got a red Plumie that's blooming!!

{{gwi:1185989}}Here is Hilo Beauty. Still mocking me with her claws. Been clawing for two months or more. Neither living nor dead. What a stinker!

Well that's all for now. Have a good day!
L

Comments (18)

• chuy415
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Thank you for sharing!!! Wow do you have an awesome collection!! Love the red plumeria!!! So so pretty ;)

Chuy

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Chuy. I do too! I want more reds now. LOL. But they are hard to find and hard to grow.

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Gorgeous!!! I know what 2 I want lol.
    Lynn you need a Cstars Japanese Lantern Plumeria...it would make your collection.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

LOL James. I might have to consider it.

You don't like Cherokee Geisha? Did you see my Hilo Beauty? She's still taunting me. :(

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    10 years ago

Bought or not...all beauties. Thanks for posting them. I'll be adding the Cherokee to my list.

Ditto on the Japanese Lantern. Mine is a youngster but I have been told that it can be hard to control.

• rox146
    10 years ago

such lovely photos and looks like a great collection...mahalo, roxanne

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, you will love Siam Ruby. It was one of the first 3 plumeria I bought from FC. I bought it on Carol's recommendation. Tex told me it's his his favorite red. Barbra

• kasiec
    10 years ago

Hi No Clue - They're all beautiful and looks so happy and healthy.

Kasie

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Wonderful collection, Lynn! Love MHE and the softer colors of Siam Ruby.

I don't know what's going on with your Hilo Beauty. Very strange!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you everyone! Adding a few more before I have to leave! Hopefully DH will take good care of my babies while I'm away. Oh how I wish I have George's Plumie Cam just about now. :(

{{gwi:1185990}}Looks like my Divine doesn't have as much color break anymore. So maybe the virus is going away?

{{gwi:1185991}}My Saigon Moon definitely does not have the intense colors as Laura's. But I got this from John who got the cuttings from Bud... so I'm sure it has something to do w/ my cooler temps.

{{gwi:1185992}}Tiger still looking good to me. :)

{{gwi:1185993}}Cherokee Geisha is soooo soooo pretty. I adore her!

{{gwi:1185995}}Queen Amber my new love. She is so beautiful but so hard to capture. Truly photos do not do this beauty justice. But beauty aside, she has this hypnotic sweet scent that just makes me crazy! I want to get another one already.

{{gwi:1185996}}Thailand Red. Another beauty with gorgeous sweet scent.

I detected an inflo on my Arztec Gold and Musk Rainbow this morning! Woohoo!

Thank you for looking!

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Gorgeous! Stop making me want to buy more. I've already added about 45 this summer and I'm getting worried about winter and trying to decide whether to put the youngs ones in the sunroom and big ones in the garage or just get a hoop house and heat them all at once.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Hi Lynn!!!

They are all beautiful!!!

I like each and everyone!!!

My Saigon Moon has a double inflo pushing... Lol! Never know what these are going to do. I hope to have the same coloration as last year.. Yours looks great to me!!!

I know one James wants...can't figure out the other? ;-)

Thanks for sharing the lovely blooms!!!

Have a wonderful night!!!

Laura

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Whow whow!!! Lynn, you have hit the jack pot, you blooms are beautiful! I have Siam Ruby it is an early bloomer, it bloomed early this spring for me. My favorite is Wildfire, and Kimi Morage. I will try and get Queen Amber next year. Keep posting the pictures, love them. I will return the favor this fall. Barbra.

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Just adding a few more blooms

Kimi M... first appearance this year. Blooms are much larger than last! So I'm glad I kept her!

Artec Gold is incredible! The flowers are HUGE at least 4" and the fragrance is to die for! I adore her.

Divine continues to bloom. Although small she makes up for it in blooming time... my first to bloom and probably my last.

CA Sunset... stole my heart this season. I can't believe I almost gave her away!

CA Sunset... both her appearance and fragrance are much better this year than last.

CA Sunset ... doesn't get any better than this.

Thank you for looking!

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Opps forgot Fuji Mist

Still blooming and still beautiful!

Beauty and sweet fragrance what more can you ask for. :)

• nativec
    10 years ago

Gorgeous Lynn! You've amassed quite a lovely collection in a short amount of time! Our tastes are nearly the same....LOL.

Thank you for sharing your lovelies :)

• astrl
    10 years ago

A lovely collection. Are they all in pots or in the ground?

I only have a few blooming at the moment. All of mine are in pots (three are plunged). I would like to find permanent homes in the ground for them at some point.

astrl

• No-Clue
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Well Nicole I'm in good company then. Glad to hear it! :)

Astrl - all of mine with the exception of 4 are in pots. I planted four in the front yard. They are all doing fine...in ground and in pots. I just water the in ground ones less.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!