Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pondplant_kid

Anyone in Eastvale California with some extra plants?

Pondplant_kid
9 years ago

I was wondering if anyone in my neighborhood grows plumeria and had a few rooted cuttings that they don't have the space for. I'm only 13 so this hobby has sucked up all my money. I have $20 but I don't know if that is enough to buy anything. Literally $20 is all I own. Anyone close who has some extra plants they might be able to pass on to me? I am in love with plumeria. They are all I have. I'm a weird kid. I have ADHD so I tend to annoy people quickly, I go on and on and on when I talk. I don't like sports, I just like creative things... basically I like things that most of my friends could care less about......

Comments (11)

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Welcome Pondplant!!!

Nothing weird about the love of Plumeria and I applaud you for focusing on a hobby so early in life that you truly enjoy!!

Good for you... So many things that young people can get into, so I am excited for you to focus on growing these beauties!! I'm sure your parents are happy too! Congratulations!!!

People talk all of the time.. Just because you have ADHD, doesn't mean you won't fit in.. You will !! We all love these beauties.. So again, Welcome!!!!

Just remember, they do take time and you do have to have patience, but the rewards for your attention to these awesome trees will give you a great return for your time and effort!!

Just wait and see who chimes in.. I would bet someone will come along and help you... We have a great group of wonderful, generous people who would love to help a young man get a start !!!

Lets just see what happens...

Welcome to the group..

Take care,

Laura

• Pondplant_kid
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks. I'm just really hoping I can get some rooted plants. I don't have enough patience for cuttings. I might have enough if I can have a few more rooted ones to focus on.

• plumeriai45
    9 years ago

All of mine are too big to ship; however, I got a few cuttings from Derrick this last week. I will be potting them this weekend to get rooted. I like your excitement and wish more young teenagers had that. When I get one rooted I'll ship you one...not sure how long it will take though.

What helped me when my original cuttings were "new" during the time period I was told to leave them alone. Take pictures lots of them...it helped me...just post them here.

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    9 years ago

Awesome, Plumeria145.. Nice to see you encourage. It's a wonderful thing!

Good luck..

Aloha spirit lives...

Laura

• texasplum
    9 years ago

very well said Mrs. Laura as always! wish you were closer young man as I would love to help you with your new found interest in plumies! I understand where your coming from on having the patience with the cuttings! its very hard to wait months for something to happen and to leave it alone and not keep peeking all the time. One thing that helped me with that was rooting in plastic water bottles so I could watch and see the progress( another tip from the great people on here). Good luck and Im sure there are a few members close to you that would be willing to help you out!

• angel325
    9 years ago

Hello podplant. I live in Pasadena. Last weekend I did a major prune job on my big plant. I intend to root the pieces and give the plants to friends. You are welcome to have one in a few months when it is rooted if you dont mind waiting. In the meantime maybe someone else has one that's ready to go now.

Angela

• Pondplant_kid
    Original Author
    9 years ago

thanks. I think Pasadena is a little to far for me to walk, "im not driving you no where to get you a stupid plant" that's what my parents tell me. so that's why I wanted someone in my neighborhood so I could walk there.

• Pondplant_kid
    Original Author
    9 years ago

anyone else? lol. im hoping I can get a few plants. I just lost 5 to rot. :(

• disneyhorse
    9 years ago

Yorba Linda?

• barb13_gw
    9 years ago

Did you get the seeds I send you a couple of days ago? Barb

• mimalf
    9 years ago

Take care, seeds are highly addictive!!

Mima

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture