Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cocoabeachlorax

In your experience: conditions needed for seeds to form ?

cocoabeachlorax
10 years ago

Hello:

Where we live Plumerias grow fairly well. They are content in our sandy soil and hot temperatures and most people grow them from cuttings which neighbors are glad to hand along.

That said, I enjoy watching things grow from seed. We've been in our home for over 10 years and have some fairly large trees however this Fall was the first time I have spotted a seed pod.

Now, likely they could have formed prior and since I wasn't paying attention I missed them. However, I think they've probably been fairly uncommon for us.

So, in your experience, what conditions must exist for a Plumeria to give seed ? I also saw one seed pod form, hang on and hang on and hang on, then half of it just rotted away and the other half I assume opened up and dispersed with the winds (of course) while we were on vacation as there was no sign of it when we returned.

I've got some 2 year old pink cuttings that are now growing to a height of about 10 feet and I would just love to start some seeds from them but I'm wondering if it's simply too early to seed. Also, I want to know what, if anything, I can do when a tree has seed to nurture and protect it. Likewise, what can I do to wreck it.

Thank you so much for your time.

Susie

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH