Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_first_kms2

Pictures from the Plant Sale.

the_first_kms2
10 years ago

Waiting In Line for doors to open. We got there just before 9am and quietly worked out our table strategy, fake bird calls, hand signals, code words, etc. Jokes of course. We didn't need those; B and I had two way encrypted radios set to VOX. :)

{{gwi:1186071}}

A Peek inside the Exit door to the hall before the sale opened.
{{gwi:1186072}}

A few minutes after Opening
{{gwi:1186073}}

About an hour after after opening
{{gwi:1186074}}

Barbra's and My Shared Cart
{{gwi:1186075}}

The Bloom Table.
{{gwi:1186076}}
{{gwi:1186077}}
{{gwi:1186078}}
{{gwi:1186079}}

Elizabeth Thornton Rainbow air freshener on the way home. Made the car smell like my own slice of Kauai.
{{gwi:1186080}}

Sorting them out in Barbra's Driveway.
{{gwi:1186081}}

This post was edited by kms2 on Tue, Jul 23, 13 at 9:24

Comments (17)

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Nice! It looks like you got some goodies. What did you get?

• chuy415
    10 years ago

Very nice!!! Thanks for sharing! ;) lucky

Chuy

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

That is so great.

I second the request on the types you got.

I wish the PSA would have a sale in Dallas. 3.5 hour drive is much easier for me than 8 to houston.

Kenny and I are building our stock and going to start our own PSA chapter Oklahoma edition. Might just be the 2 of use selling stuff to each other but we will make it happen, LOL.

Mike

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Awesome!!

;-)

Laura

• rox146
    10 years ago

WOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!! wow! roxanne

• surfbreeze
    10 years ago

Those were great photos. I especially enjoyed the labeled flowers on the tables. I have several varieties you showed that haven't bloomed yet for me. Your photos gave me great incite to what they will look like. I attended this sale last year and really enjoyed it.

• pcput
    10 years ago

"K" thanks so much for taking us along. Great pics. We have to live through your lens :)
    Peg

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I forgot the pic of my goodies. Kimo & Ryann Chelsea (from George), Katie (from Barbara R), Raspberry Sundae (from John), Elizabeth Thornton Rainbow (from German), JL Haleakala for Kenny in OKC (from Mark). Also of note Sven's table (table C) was left off the plant list. He may have some bargains left to sell.

• Kenny
    10 years ago

K,

Can't thank you enough for picking up JL Haleakala for me. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun there. So many cultivars to choose from. It's probably best for my wallet if I don't attend both PSA sale events in the same year :)

Kenny

• No-Clue
    10 years ago

Awe... that look like fun! You guys make a great team! It's so much more fun going with a fellow addict huh?

Going w/ the family was a little hectic last year for me. I kept losing my baby girl! Then at the end they went to load the van and I was still inside looking one last time and I lost them all! No idea where DH parked, so I sat at the step waiting for them to come find me. LOL.

If I go this year I need to find a partner. :) Anyway congrats on your haul! Everything look so healthy!

• honeybunny2 Fox
    10 years ago

Lynn, if you go be sure that you and your partner wear bright colored clothes. It makes it a lot easier to spot each other in a crowd. Also the first picture K posted shows people standing in line, Check out the lady with the blue and white ice chest. She used it as her cart, it had a long handle, she just pulled it along, filling it with plumeria. What a great idea! Barbra

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Thanks for posting pics! We can shop vicariously through you!

I especially appreciate the photos of the named flowers on the tables. Craning my neck to read the labels. I'll send you my chiropracter's bill. LOL!

That rich reddish one is Kaneohe Sunburst? Incredible!

• printmaster1 (DFW TX)
    10 years ago

Great pics!!! Thanks for posting.
    I've got to get to one of these sales!

Lonnie

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Looks like a blast. It was nice the carts were outside, then you had it to use as a battering ram once inside.
    Great haul!
    Tally HO!

• PRO
    the_first_kms2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Tally,
    I used the cart to block the entrance while Barbra ran for the tables to get our wishlist items. Teamwork is key.

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Mike, omg LOL about you & Kenny selling plants to each other!!! Haha! Luckily Jen, K & Barbara welcomed me into their group & we're gonna come up with a PSA table or something eventually!

K, outstanding haul for you & Barbara, great hunting!! What's the most plumies you've squeezed in the ole Avalanche?!

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Emily, I'm working on our seller's name: JEB K's was the best I could do, lol.

Mike, too funny!! But if Kenny keeps going the way he has you won't have anything to sell him he doesn't already own!

K, another good haul. You seriously need more land, my friend! Sorry I missed the sale, but at least you know one or the other of us will watch your back for a sale. E's turn next year!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor