Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
honeybunny2_gw

What are you best 3 performers?

honeybunny2 Fox
10 years ago

So far this season what are you 3 best performers? Mine are Gold Coast Cotton Candy, Siam Ruby, and Wildfire. I didn't list Magnum Opus, because its color is not as striking as the others, but it is a show off. Barbra

Comments (13)

• Kimo
    10 years ago

Honeybunny,
    Hmmm Its hard to say as every season it changes. This season, plumies that normally wake up early and are the first to bloom are some of the last ones to get started. So many variables with plumies, I think that is why I like them so. I get bored with too much consistency.
    For me UHO is not really a great performer but is one of the better ones. Emmersons Pink Nova is always consistent. Sherbet Town is going gang busters. Lani, Bill Morange, Jeannie M is always consistent, Puu Kahea....oppps my bad you said 3..lol

• elucas101
    10 years ago

Great topic Barbara! Have you been getting any good pictures of these blooms with your new camera?! Hint hint!!!

So far my best performers are:
    Gina! This stunning beauty has been blooming her head off for WEEKS! I swear, I STILL have new flowers opening off this inflo, it's crazy. The color is to die for! (although not much fragrance.)

Divine of course, I don't know how this plant saves any energy for living, it puts so much into so many inflos!

My little Penang Peach seedling! Still has a couple of flowers on it and honestly has bloomed like a champ - quite a few flowers and still going! Not bad for a baby!

I have some more contenders warming up - Kaneohe Sunburst is about to bloom for the 2nd year in a row and Pauahi Alii has one of the most gigantic inflos growing I've ever seen!

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    10 years ago

This is very easy for me to answer since I've only been growing plumeria a short time and mine are still young.

I have that marathon blooming white that goes from spring to winter. Too bad I didn't get a pic of her a few weeks ago. The inflo was humongous! The second inflo will start blooming in a few weeks, and there's another one that is just starting to get some size to it. My cell phone takes super bad photos plus my shakey ole hand but here she is. Smells sweet has large blooms.

Second would be Aztec Gold, even though she is growing too tall. She still has blooms on the inflo and has branched twice. Both branches already have inflos. I did not know AG branches and blooms so quickly.

Third would be what I have now declared a noid, not Guillot's Sunset. Such a shame it can't claim a name! This is the 2nd of 3 inflo's on this plant.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I did get some good pictures. K showed me on the 4th, how to operate my camera, and how to download them into my computer. I have been deleting pictures, since I take 3 or 4 pictures of each shot. I had over 100 pictures of the hummingbirds. Now, I just need to get my notes out on how to move them to the photobucket. I had my camera on automatic, and was not able to take pictures when the sun was out. K, showed me how to change the settings, so now I can take pictures anytime during the day. Now I will be able to get better pictures, since alot of the blooms fall off during the day. I can't wait to get back and take more pictures. Barbra

• powderpuff
    10 years ago

Sangria... usually one of the first to bloom and blooms on the same infos well into fall. We have had so much rain, it stopped.. will see if it begins to get more buds like other years. Of course Divine ( never stops blooming) and Inca Gold. My Inca should be named fast and furious. It's one of the first, they all open at about the same time, then they are gone until next year. One reason it will never be one of my favorites here in FL. Anyone else have one that blooms all season?

• Loveplants2 8b Virginia Beach, Virginia
    10 years ago

Great topic!!!

Mine would be ...

Elizabeth Thornton Lemon Drop
    California Sunset
    Desert Sunrise. They all have huge Inflos which will open very soon!!!

My Kapalua is starting to open... Yes!!! Talk about exciting!!! ;-)

Those would be my best performers... Oh, one more. Divine is another..

I could go on, but you did say three!! Lol

Hope you had a great 4 th , Barbra!!!

Thank you for everything!!!

Take care,

Laura

• tdogdad
    10 years ago

Thornton Lemon Drop, Kimi Moragne, Psycho, Penang Peach, and Celadine all have over 100 flowers on each. Guillots sunset usually is a very big bloomer but is a late starter. Another heavy late starter is Daisy Wilcox. TLD has the most inflos per branches but Psycho blooms for almost 10 months and out lasts all my 160 varieties by far. Bill

• mksmth zone 7a Tulsa Oklahoma
    10 years ago

On the basis or reliability to bloom my JJ's delightful takes the prize. Every year for 3 straight it flower late June early July. CA sunset never let's me down either.
    This year Hearts desire made a huge inflo.

I have about 2 dozen more than last year so I'll have more to judge in a few more years. One in particular that I think will lead the pack.

Mike

This post was edited by mksmth on Sat, Jul 6, 13 at 23:51

• rox146
    10 years ago

If I had to limit to just 3 early bloomers would be Mele Pa Bowman as it blooms off of the previous year blooms and smells great, Kaneohe Sunburst as it is so vibrant and smells fabulous and Celadine for the huge numerous number of blooms and wonderful smell. Not sure if any of these early bloomers will still be going off at the luau in August, but many more inflos are coming up and ready....roxanne

• beachplant
    10 years ago

Zany-has been blooming for a couple of months-this has been the best bloomer to date.
    Mililani (Derricks)
    NOID yellow in front yard
    Lemon chiffon blooming non-stop in side yard.
    Rose Red
    I put a LOT in the ground last fall and this year, it`s been my experience in the past that they tend to take off growing then bloom later once they have made themselves happy in their new location. I guess they want to do some nesting.
    Tally HO!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    10 years ago

Every summer seems a bit different. This summer it looks like it's going to be Penang Peach, Kimo and Lani. Although Penang Peach is the most consistant.

• jandey1
    10 years ago

Ooh, good topic, Barbra!

Maverick was the first to bloom, on both tips, and is still blooming. Wonderful scent, too.

CA Sally also bloomed on the two long tips she has and is still going, with beautiful full inflos and varying shades of pink.

Lemon Drop, of course, is still going and can't be beat for her neat growth habit.

All the above are also good-sized blooms, no tiny flowers there.

• georgecc
    10 years ago

Celadine, California Sunset, Jeannie Moragne are always blooming. Divine, too. Have TBred Tracy, which is supposed to be a heavy bloomer, but the first flower just opened, so I can't vouch for it yet. Oh, Aztec Gold, too. Kimi Moragne, too.

Pic of TBred that just opened. Hope it blooms as much as they say, it's a beauty.

Sponsored
Capital City Construction & Remodeling
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars6 Reviews
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living