Return to the Plumeria Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sick Leaves

Posted by ProudMamaSD 10 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 7, 12 at 17:35

This is happening to a great many of my trees right now.... thoughts? At first I thought I might be adding too much murphy's oil to the water when I spray them in the morning, so I have stopped and it continues. :o(

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sick Leaves

Wendy, I'm so sorry to see the damage - are you using any other foliar treatments besides the Murphy's mixture? And after you stopped spraying with that, even new leaves are utrning this way that have never been sprayed with it?

What I do notice though is the leaf in the 12:00 position on top there is showing what I am almost positive is thrip damage. That's exactly one of the types of deformation they cause, so I would probably treat for that.

o

look closely for any signs of pests.

how long have you been using the oil?

o

I've been using the oil for about a month now. I don't see much on the leaves, tiny black flies, spiders- I've never seen anything on this particular tree. I am going to try spinosad. I was wondering how someone like John at JJ's controls pests, his leaves look perfect.

o

PM,
I still think its sucking insects. Just by the mottled pattern. Continue foliar sprays and perhaps Protekt and a systemic pest control?

Anecdotal commentary: I have an underperforming Royal Hawaiian which I have to watch for sucking insect damage and right next to it is a T. Mardi Gras which never has damage. My assumption is the RH is weaker and therefore easier prey than the TMG. Your plants without damage may just be healthier and more resistant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Plumeria Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here